datatool alarm led

CORRIEBOY
This post is 5504 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes. From Datatool.

Check their webshite, or give 'em a call and order one from Spares/Replacements Dept.

if you can post a pic of the old one... I could help. if you mean the blinking led that indicated alarm status.....

its been my experience with leds that as long as you are near the right voltage, they will light up.

I went out to radio shack and bought a 12v blue led for my truck, I used it to replace the alarm led which was red.

so heres what you do: first off, hook a cheap voltmeter to the wire leads that connected to the led. arm the alarm.

the voltmeter will then tell you 2 things.

1) how many volts you are needing.

2) if the voltmeter pulses zero to however many volts and back to zero etc. then you need a steady lit regular old led. (this is the usual case) you could probably pluck one out of an old pc tower or get a wide assortment of sizes and colors at radio shack. if it (voltmeter) is steady , (which is doubtfull) you need to get a blinking led. also available at radio shack.

if you dont have a voltmeter, just go buy a cheap led at an electronics store. for that matter, if you wanted, you could get one of those led strips like thay have at walmart. and wire that in, and tape it to the underside of a panel in your bike. then the whole bike would flash when the alarm was on.

the shack also has those little plastic holder rings for the led that hold it in place in the panel where you put it. you may be able to remove the old one (sometimes they come off)

some leds have wires coming off that are insulated, some have metal prongs.

the longer prong is the positive lead. a little wire and some solder (if you are inclined) and some shrink tubing is all you need.

I have done this A-LOT!

on my dt175 (which is a 6v) I hooked up some of those license plate bolt leds to act as gauge lights. I mounted them to shine at the gauge face. they are 12v leds, but work just fine at 6v.

if you cant find a store that has leds in your area, let me know, I can drop one in an envelope and mail it your way.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online