Engine

grant41
This post is 5493 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all.

Recently bought a yzf 600 thundercat then joined this site. I am hoping someone on here can give me some advice.

Anyway here goes, Purchased bike, went out riding and sounded fine (low speed) then when i picked up speed there was this horrible sound that seemed to come from engine area, not there on idle or slowing down, but when accelerating up through the gears you can really hear this noise if you rev the engine when parked it aint there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thaks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

when I accelerate I get this horrible sound......its the missus yelling to slow down :lol:

All bikes make "a sound" (whether its horrible is in the ear of the beholder) so a bit better description would help mate!!

HI all.

Recently bought a yzf 600 thundercat then joined this site. I am hoping someone on here can give me some advice.

Anyway here goes, Purchased bike, went out riding and sounded fine (low speed) then when i picked up speed there was this horrible sound that seemed to come from engine area, not there on idle or slowing down, but when accelerating up through the gears you can really hear this noise if you rev the engine when parked it aint there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thaks.

the sound is hard to explain, its like a sort of rattle but not like a timing chain, like its got little or no oil, but its got plenty of oil as i did a service and the noise was there before thats why i did the service as i thought it needed an oil change. but not quite sure where its actually coming from.

hope thats a bit more of a description.

thanks .

output bearing is the bearing which the gearbox output shaft runs through, behind the front sprocket. im pretty sure it requires the cases to be split in order to change it

May be a silly question but what bike did you have last?

Before my 600 i had a 350 power valve. When i first rode the 600 and got it up to speed i thought it was going to explode.

It was just my ears not used to all the mechanical noise coming from the top end.

All the stuff previously said is just as valid but?

May be a silly question but what bike did you have last?

Before my 600 i had a 350 power valve. When i first rode the 600 and got it up to speed i thought it was going to explode.

It was just my ears not used to all the mechanical noise coming from the top end.

All the stuff previously said is just as valid but?

600 bandit before the cat, and before the bandit i had a gsx 600 f all 600s the noise just sounds as though its a bit clangy if this is any help..

I had a GSX-R600 at work the other day doing the same thing. It was the opinion of 2 of us that it was a lower rod bearing on the way out. A compression check would be a good idea to.

the sound is hard to explain, its like a sort of rattle but not like a timing chain, like its got little or no oil, but its got plenty of oil as i did a service and the noise was there before thats why i did the service as i thought it needed an oil change. but not quite sure where its actually coming from.

hope thats a bit more of a description.

thanks .

pre-ignition?

check timing if you can and colour of spark plugs

could also be piston slap

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online