Prick on Mobile Phone...

Ttaskmaster
This post is 5510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've had 3 friends killed by people driving while on mobile phones. I've almost been run over myself, while walking on the pavement by someone doing this.

Hands-free kits cost a few quid. Most phones come with one included in the box.

It only takes a moment to pull over before answering a call.

There is NO excuse.

So we're bimbling back from Portsmouth and this guy comes blasting along in the next lane... Mrs looks over and see's he's on his mobile phone.

As is the custom, I give the guy the usual hand gesture and indicate he should pull over.

He decides he's going to blast in front, stop at the lights and get out for a barney. I can't be arsed with another fight, so I just drop the window and listen to his rant. Something about having to go to Wales to see someone in hospital and how he's just got back from Iraq.

He then storms off before I can even get a word in.

Even if it is true, too bad. His unit SOPs probably have something about this anyway and he certainly ain't no use to anyone if he's crashed because he's on his phone.

I hope the cunt learns his lesson and I hope he's the only one who gets hurt.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THAT WENT 4 A RUN ON BIKE YESTERDAY AND GUY COMING TOWARDS ME WAS THAT BUSY ON PHONE HE NEVER SEEN ME, WAS WELL ON WRONG SIDE OF ROAD :o IF I HAD BEEN IN CAR THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ENOUGH ROOM FOR BOTH OF US TO PASS ME ON BIKE HIM IN CAR WONDER WHO WOULD HAVE COME OFF WORSE

I had a shirt and tie dude in a BM just pull straight out onto a roundabout in front of me. He was on his phone and following a tractor, not ONCE did he deign to glance in the direction of oncoming traffic that he was duty bound to give way to. ie. from the right. I, obviously, had seen the situation a mile off and was in control enough to put my front wheel 1 metre away from his wound down window and then blast my horn virtually inside his car!

He shit himself, dropped his phone and began apologising. . . at which I gave him the coffee beans/Gareth Hunt gesture (ask your dad).

There's a lot of it about.

yep, we've all seen them

they are quite often the ones who dont know how to f*cking overtake and very near take your mirror off :angry:

wait until you're at the traffic lights and fill the fuckers car with two stroke smoke, revenge is sweet

This looks like a good place to add my own little rant,

Sunday, lovely day so me and the missus took the XJR out to the coast (we've got a 'holiday home' (aka Caravan)). Now my missus isn't in any way a speed freak, she preffers to tootle along at or below the National Speed Limit, she has no interest in tight lean corners - she just enjoys the journey, and I have to say (blowing my own trumpet) my smooth, predictable & safe riding style suits her.

So, tootling along a reasonable busy A road, with lots of grouped oncoming traffic, defending my own road space, nice 2 second gap between me and the car in front, well possitioned to the right of the lane, just left of the centre line, good view of the road ahead (and the oncoming traffic), when a knob on a sportsbike came roaring up (spliting traffic that was already steady at around 55-60), then with no-where to go tried to force me to pull over, then three, yes THREE of his brainless mates were there in my safety space, and I could feel the missus tighten up. Now (and I don't often say this) thanks to the guy behind who had seen these knobs, he created some space for them to go into so we all lived.

After the knobs had done what knobs do (waited until a suitable gap appeared - like who are you kidding!) they set off again splitting traffic to the flashing oncoming headlights.

If I had been on my own, I think I'd have behaved very differently, more that probably I'd have been there at the lights when they stopped and corrected the attitude of one or two of them.

So, with jism type brains housed in human bodies, dressed in shiny (rarely worn) leather, riding powerfull bikes that (in my opinion) only ever see the road when the sun shines (and the probably drive BMUU/Merc/Jags when it doesn't) its hardly suprising that real bikers (the sort that would rather get on a bike than in a car - weather not whithstanding) get Pricks in cars taking the p!$$ - I don't think it's anything personal, they just associate us with the Sunny Sunday knobs that's all.

Later the same day I went (on my own this time) for a tootle up to Hartside, Jeasus I've never seen so many brightly coloured knobs in one place. I lost count of the full lean, right hand corner, wheels on the centre line diots, even with pillions on!!! I stopped near the cafe and had a quick chat with the Motorcycle Officer (they are bikers too remember) and commented on the risks that many were taking - he said something to me that kinda summed it up, 'well when they die it's one less idiot on the road - I just feel sorry for the wife and kids they've left behind'

I just don't get it, why do people take stupid risks when they get thier leg over a bike ? I would put money on the fact these same people would go nuts if someone put thier little girl in some danger by driving too close, too fast or driving under the influence.

totally agree, got some knob on an R1 cutting traffic in a 30, double white lines, blind left had bend. just took off at 50 and forces peeps to pull over.

saw an old guy walking along the road holding his hands up in despair. i knew what he was thinking " fucking bikes" you could here the bike's revs wind up 1/2 mile away.

although I am a "sunday" biker, I don't take risks or upset people without cause!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online