Riding in the rain

R1caz
This post is 7249 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy the rain? Just had a wicked ride! you can still ride fast just ride different. Would have been nice if it was a bit warmer tho...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i ride all year round so get caught in the rain all the time(esp as i live in scotland :lol: ) i think with the right gear on riding in the rain can be great, i still really enjoy being on the bike 8) the key thing is the riding gear, got to be warm, waterproof and be able to move around easy. it's also very good practice for bike control, riding through winter will make you a better rider.

• Admin

Yeah i really should get out in all sorts of weather, like alan says will definatly increase your riding skills, im just a tart and dont want to get my bike dirty :wink:

yeah alex that's the downside mate, it's a pain in the arse getting the bike so dirty and if you ride all winter it's going to either end up not so nice or you'll be cleaning it everyday. i did that with my rd, every day after work in winter, cleaning the bloody thing for ages :( the tzr i used last winter was pretty cool as it was just a cheap hack. i might get something for this winetr too. the roads around here get terrible, even though the xj isnt the most fancy thing around i dunno if i'd like to ride it through snow, rain etc...

• Admin

Its the bloody salt they put down which annoys me :evil:

I too ride year-round.....have been for the past 20yrs. :wink: ........& all my Yams seem to run really well when it's wet out :? .......& tolerating the cold is worthwhile, as my bikes run Great when it's chilly 8)

I ride in an annual Polar Bear bike rally every New Years Day......that starts from a local bike shop I used to work for :wink: .......so every New Years, I put in @ least 100 miles, come Hell 8)

FYI.....Frank Thomas Aqua 1-piece Rainsuits are thee ticket for this type of Element Battling :wink:

• Admin

Yeah love going out in the cold, bike even faster with all that nice dense air 8)

i turn into a faggot when it rains...i put the stabilisers on :oops: i never used to mind but i fell off in the rain and have been shite in it since

Sometimes i don't mind the rain and sometimes I hate it. In winter it makes my specs steam up and I get cold so i don't like it then. What a wuss!!! :lol: I'd feel like I was missing out on something if I only used the bike on a dry day. It's for riding, not sitting in the garage :D

Amanda

I think that if the rain affects your riding then don't do it..........cos' safety is alway number 1.  :D Nothing wrong with that.  :lol:
Quite right don't do it if it don't feel right

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online