Roadstar 1600 seat removal

Theflagg
This post is 5433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2000 Roadstar and no matter what I do, my seat will not release. When I get the key in the correct position, nothing happens. It used to pop up a bit but nothing seems to do it now. Anyone ever had to deal with this problem? Any suggestions on how to get if working or at least get it off. Gotta check the oil.

Thanks Gang,

Theflagg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Get someone to turn the key and hold pressure on it while you smack/punch the living hell out of the front end of the seat. You may need to shine a light under there while someone holds the key over and use something to help push the release latch over. Aftermarket seats seem especially bad about this. You can lube everything up real good once it's off and that should help it work better.

• 2 weeks later...

Get someone to turn the key and hold pressure on it while you smack/punch the living hell out of the front end of the seat. You may need to shine a light under there while someone holds the key over and use something to help push the release latch over. Aftermarket seats seem especially bad about this. You can lube everything up real good once it's off and that should help it work better.

Thanks Tyler, I appreciate it. Somehow it amazingly once again fixed itself and I did exactly what you suggested and lubed the hell out of it. Thanks again.

Randy

• Who's Online (See full list)