I am at my wits end

jct279
This post is 5483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm a complete newbie I recently got my motorcycle license and I have been given an 1982 xs400 maxim. Supposedly it runs good just needed a carb. Ok no problem I find a carburetor on ebay, but I cannot find a replacement manifold anywhere. All that I have is the right one.

I tried using one from an xs650 that I found on ebay but it will not fit.

Is there anywhere I can find this part? I'm on the verge of just buying a bike and tossing this one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

carb joint you can get from Motogrid but only the right one part # 12R-13596-00-00

left hand here part # 12r-13586-00-00

I'm a complete newbie I recently got my motorcycle license and I have been given an 1982 xs400 maxim. Supposedly it runs good just needed a carb. Ok no problem I find a carburetor on ebay, but I cannot find a replacement manifold anywhere. All that I have is the right one.

I tried using one from an xs650 that I found on ebay but it will not fit.

Is there anywhere I can find this part? I'm on the verge of just buying a bike and tossing this one.

Try Jims Cycle Repair in fairfield ca Hes got all the non existant parts 707-426-2013

Try Jims Cycle Repair in fairfield ca Hes got all the non existant parts 707-426-2013

Z (number one, keyboard's jacked up) One Enterprises has a STAGGERING assortment of carb boots for old Jap iron.... They're on the web.

http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=2635

There ya go. Same EXACT part on my bike and mine were from this outfit, too. Good stuff.

Z (number one, keyboard's jacked up) One Enterprises has a STAGGERING assortment of carb boots for old Jap iron.... They're on the web.

http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=2635

There ya go. Same EXACT part on my bike and mine were from this outfit, too. Good stuff.

those are not for the DOHC bike

carb joint you can get from Motogrid but only the right one part # 12R-13596-00-00

left hand here part # 12r-13586-00-00

Thank you so much that is exactly what I need!

Stupid question warning: How do I buy it from vintagedirtandtrail? There no clicky link or telephone number. I went to the ebay store no luck

Also thanks to everyone who took the time out to help me out, maybe I will learn enough to return the favor some day. Thanks again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online