PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DTR 125

dtr-rider
This post is 5591 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there im new to the forum but have read loads of ur posts and am sure u guys will be able to help me out with my current situation.me and my dad currently own a 1989 DTR125, and recently the bike has developed the problem of the lights only work whilst the engine is running this is not a major problem but is annoying and we cant figure out wht. But are main problem is that because the light are running off the engine u need to have the revs high for all lights to work. also if u turn the handle bars to the left all lights and instruments seem to disconnect and u are left with nothing including brake lights this has nearly got me ran over twice which u can imagine isnt fun so please!!!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help if u can please reply asap i need my little dtr for next weeks off road expedition he he :lol: thanks alot

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there im new to the forum but have read loads of ur posts and am sure u guys will be able to help me out with my current situation.me and my dad currently own a 1989 DTR125, and recently the bike has developed the problem of the lights only work whilst the engine is running this is not a major problem but is annoying and we cant figure out wht. But are main problem is that because the light are running off the engine u need to have the revs high for all lights to work. also if u turn the handle bars to the left all lights and instruments seem to disconnect and u are left with nothing including brake lights this has nearly got me ran over twice which u can imagine isnt fun so please!!!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help if u can please reply asap i need my little dtr for next weeks off road expedition he he :lol: thanks alot

Sounds like the loom has had it or at least the section around the headstock, get the outer tape off and have a proper look at the wiring. The target is maybe a trapped or worn wire(s). You are going to need patience and a wiring diagram for this, good luck.

hi & :welcome:

you have either a broken black or yellow wire/Yellow & black wire ... cut back the loom casing around the headstock & you should find the wire. But you may also find that there is a loose connection behind the h/l cowl.

Regards Jim