Fz6 dodgy seat lock

Daveill
This post is 5585 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

My seat lock apears to be jammed on my 06 FZ6. I have been very generous with WD40 and it doesnt even budge.

I've been told to apply pressure to the seat where it latches ie in the middle about 5cm from the "bump", but that doesnt seem to work. I've had my largest mate sit on the seat and kneel on the spot where the seat latches and still no joy.

the lock wont budge at all.

is there anything else I can try ? is there any other way of getting the seat off without the lock?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Either no one else has had this problem, or no one else has been able to fix it.

Here is an update of the situation. I removed the lock from the under seat housing. this was quite a fiddly job, but eventually you can get the lock and metal bracket out of the housing. You need to be able to unhook the cable from the lock. once done, you can pull on cable that connects to the under seat lock.

In my case however, it appears that the cable has come loose on the other end !! So I can tug on the cable and it should be dis-engaging the lock on the other end, but it ent.

looks like I may have to take the bike apart to get to that.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online