lose wire?

barwell1992
This post is 5591 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have 2 lose wires on the left hand side under the tank on my MT-03 the 2 wires are tape'd togeather and slot in but when i put them togeather they spark so unpluged them straight a way the one lead (red with black) seems to have a fuse atached to it and i carnt see where the other lead goes (just red) i have had a look in the manual and nothing is shown about this lead it does dangle down and looks a bit out of place

i know the tank has been removed befor (respraid) so im thinking it was not conected back up when the tank was put back on,

all the lights and things work and when the key is switched to the on position all the light on the dash light up and the fule lght works but the full beam light does get stuck on some times and when that hapens only theparking light comes on but when that dosent get stuck on both low and full beam works fine, hazard work flasher works (i think) the dash works and so does the back light any one have any ideas could it be the co2 sensor wire ??

thanks for any help at all im at a bit of a loss

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i have 2 lose wires on the left hand side under the tank on my MT-03 the 2 wires are tape'd togeather and slot in but when i put them togeather they spark so unpluged them straight a way the one lead (red with black) seems to have a fuse atached to it and i carnt see where the other lead goes (just red) i have had a look in the manual and nothing is shown about this lead it does dangle down and looks a bit out of place

i know the tank has been removed befor (respraid) so im thinking it was not conected back up when the tank was put back on,

all the lights and things work and when the key is switched to the on position all the light on the dash light up and the fule lght works but the full beam light does get stuck on some times and when that hapens only theparking light comes on but when that dosent get stuck on both low and full beam works fine, hazard work flasher works (i think) the dash works and so does the back light any one have any ideas could it be the co2 sensor wire ??

do they go directly to battery? could be a charging connector

Hi,

dont forget the wiring loom may be the same all over the world and what's pluged in will depend on which part of the world the bike was made for .. it's not to unusual to have the odd spare connector or two ! If everything works just leave them alone !

Regards Jim

if its got an inline fuse then i'm thinking along the lines of an accessory/12v output, maybe for heated grips?

Hi,

I would gues the factory would just not tape wires up so this will be after market ( I must admit I read the post wrong) it would be interesting to see which wire the +12v was hooked up to and why an extra fuse was fitted . but hey ho as the Tag says I know nothing !! :mellow:

Regards Jim

had my service today its for a charger and couldent be botherd to see if it went to the batery as its a pain to get to but its just a positive and negative wire

cheers for the replies any way

had my service today its for a charger and couldent be botherd to see if it went to the batery as its a pain to get to but its just a positive and negative wire

cheers for the replies any way

YAY I was right!! :doggy:

^^ haha yup goint to replace it with the one for my charger as my one has a clip and not just push in wires

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online