chain roller/tensioner

This post is 5516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I have been trying to find about the chain rollers and tensioner on my 1987 dt125 lc. My haynes manual is not alot of use as it doesnt realy mention anything about them.The manual shows it should a tensioner,my bike has no sprung tensioner,but has two rollers.Does anyone know if the bike is ment to have a sprung tensioner(i have found the manual wrong in the past),or just the two rollers.Also are either of the rollers ment to be in permanent contact with the chain.I have just fitted new chain and sprockets and would like to get the setup correct.I have tried to find information about the subject but i havent had much luck! Thanks in advance for any replies,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Tim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I have been trying to find about the chain rollers and tensioner on my 1987 dt125 lc. My haynes manual is not alot of use as it doesnt realy mention anything about them.The manual shows it should a tensioner,my bike has no sprung tensioner,but has two rollers.Does anyone know if the bike is ment to have a sprung tensioner(i have found the manual wrong in the past),or just the two rollers.Also are either of the rollers ment to be in permanent contact with the chain.I have just fitted new chain and sprockets and would like to get the setup correct.I have tried to find information about the subject but i havent had much luck! Thanks in advance for any replies,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Tim

All sorted,called in yamaha dealer and they told me what i wanted to know

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online