2001 R6

daveydogg
This post is 5595 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, im a new member, so go easy . . .

As above i have a uk 2001 R6, covered 17k miles and just had its service. At the weekend i started having trouble getting the bike down past 2nd gear. When slowing for a roundabout/lights etc as i aproached from 4th, down to 3rd, then try and tap down again, to 2nd, it was as if the pedal had not centralised itself again to let me tap it down to 2nd. I then found that when you stop for a few mins and turn it off, itll go back down to 2nd, neutral and 1st. Then after pulling away the the whole problem starts again. For most of the day when i coulnt time the gaps in the traffic i was pulling away in 3rd! Ive just took it for a run down an A-road for 3 miles or so, and when i pulled off on the slip road it woulnt let me come down past 5th?!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. . . .

Thanks in advance

dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could be bent selector forks or even a knackered return spring if the lever isnt returning to its centre, take the side case off and have a look.

cheers whil foamy.

i got a new return spring for a quid and had a go at it myself. the other spring looked ok but i replaced it anyway and now everythings sweet yet again.

i couldnt get the bike booked in till monday and no doubt would have been looking at around and £80 quid bill, all in.

thanks again.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online