please help dtr 125 3 electrical problem

chrismc1980
This post is 5597 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, ive wired a 05 cdi(1D0 - 00) into my 03 dtr 125, when i kick it it sparks, and fter many hours of working on it i decided tobump it wih the plug out i get a few parks then nothing , weired. does anyonehave any ideas on what im missing, the colours were different. i wired all the wires coming from the mgneto, whats the minimum wiring needed to run my dtr??? the orignal cdi was a 3rm - 20) im probably missing something or wired more than i need. ive tried a few different combinations an most give a spark but none give more than th odd spark when i bump it.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, ive wired a 05 cdi(1D0 - 00) into my 03 dtr 125, when i kick it it sparks, and fter many hours of working on it i decided tobump it wih the plug out i get a few parks then nothing , weired. does anyonehave any ideas on what im missing, the colours were different. i wired all the wires coming from the mgneto, whats the minimum wiring needed to run my dtr??? the orignal cdi was a 3rm - 20) im probably missing something or wired more than i need. ive tried a few different combinations an most give a spark but none give more than th odd spark when i bump it.

thanks

Hi,

why did you change the CDI (were you after a different map ?). There is a chance that map of the fitted CDI is totally different to the original and the signals from the mag are sent up different wires (and or colours) to the CDI. It sounds like a return to std if you can

Regards Jim

when i bougtt it there was no spark and i won a cdi for pennies on ebay the 05 cdi. the breakers said that it would run on my bike, so i wired up the reg and all the wires from the mag, these colours were the same.

thanks

when i bougtt it there was no spark and i won a cdi for pennies on ebay the 05 cdi. the breakers said that it would run on my bike, so i wired up the reg and all the wires from the mag, these colours were the same.

thanks

Hi

The colurs may be the same but perhaps do different jobs ... as bikes from the 21st centuary as out of my scope I was implying that the 2 cdi units are different ... so if we look at 1978 DT175 & 1981 DT175 the 2 cdi's were worlds apart & I just added that this could be true of later models also

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online