Are you riding the Bike that's right for you?

Pete
This post is 7312 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got a theory that at least 50% of Bikers today are riding the bike that they think they should be seen on....rather than the bike that suits them.

Examples:

People riding bikes that are too tall for them to touch the floor properly.

People riding bikes that are too heavy for them to manoevre at low speed.

A combination of both....very dangerous IMO.

Loads of heavier built, very tall people hunched up on sportsbikes with their beerguts flopping on the tank and their knees nearly under their chins.

Seems to me that as it's fashionable to be seen on a sportsbike, common sense and practicality seems to go out of the window.

So what about you....are you riding the bike that's right for you?

Or....are you riding the bike that you think you should be seen on?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I agree with you about some people not being on the right bikes. I work in the trade and you wouldn't believe some of the sights i have seen! I myself test ride everything available before I make a decision.

i love my bike!! i could not test ride when i bought her.....which was a bit of a dim move. But i sat on loads....i wanted a H***da CBR and till i sat on one, i sat on loads of bike kwaks s***kis ect.................. then i sat on my madam and felt comfortable so bought her.....

yeah i'd say i am at the moment. i've always worked my way through the ranks on bikes i've had(apart from the tzr125, just a work bike) never really been bothered so much about what others think. hence why i ride a xj600 and a 26 yr old rd :roll: i like my bikes, they feel right and suit my needs so i'm happy. next up will be a fazer or dare i say it, an sv650 :oops: :lol: i could quite easlily go and get an r6 and get all the respect from the wannabe bastards but it's just not my thing, i ride my bike for my own fun and lifestyle, not to get respect from some half wit twat that rides twice a year

Since i passed my test i have ridden every day i can.....i even take her to work....take the kids to the childmiders then come bac home to pick up the bike.........i must be mad

Yammie, thats a bit like me, I usually run about with my helmet ect in the back of the car (in the boot of course!), cause I keep the bike about 2-3 miles away from me, I share a lock up with a mate.

Seems to me that as it's fashionable to be seen on a sportsbike, common sense and practicality seems to go out of the window.

So what about you....are you riding the bike that's right for you? 

Or....are you riding the bike that you think you should be seen on?

u seen that vaxhaull adverts? with the car thats very impratical, if it was down to me, id rather drive a zonda or ferrai or even an F1 car then a much more practical skoda or for focus etc.... same with bikes, ill be quite happy to queez my 6"1 body on a 400cc sports bike, but i can still touch the ground and have very good balance...

I think I've got the bikes that are right for me. My SV is a bit on the tall side but I've had plenty of practice with tall bikes so am used to that (am 5'3" :shock: ). I wanted something sportier and lighter than my old bandit and it fits the bill and I love it. It does everything well. The FZX, well I think that's right for me too and I have a right laugh on it probably because it is so different to the SV.

Amanda

• Admin

Well i for one am on the wrong bike, ive had back probs since i was 0 due to a lumber punch i shouldnt have had but in those days they didnt know what they were doing, so my YZF really kills my back, but the pros outway this one 8)

And as you get older, the worse it will get Alex.

Next time round try a lot of different bikes for comfort.

Fazer Thou would suit you.

indeed! 8) ......I wish i had one :lovex

• Admin

Hmm had a go on a fazer and yes it was a 100times better than my bike for comfort, was still behind the far cheaper ER5 :shock:

The ZZR600 would be a good option for you too Amanda.

Very low seat height and very comfortable. Bloody rapid too.

Cheers :D I've considered those and I would be very tempted if I had the money - good looking bikes and reliable. I've also thought about the new Z750 but again, a bit pricey for me at the moment :evil: .

Amanda

And on a positive note...neither of them are Suzukis or girls bikes! :lol:

Don't worry Amada...I'm your Knight in Shining Armour who'll save you from the perils of Suzuki ownership. 8)

im 5'7 and on a DT and can just touch the floor so i can just manage it!!

but its hard to lean it so im not sure if its good and or bad for me, never had any probs with the riding position though i think its well comfortable for a hard seat.

Fazer 400 looks very nice for a future bike but so does the XR400...wouldnt be able to touch the floor but like Alex the pros outweigh the cons!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online