1986 Yamaha Radian Custum Exhaust and Intake

tecker4g63t
This post is 5486 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am currently in the middle of rebuilding the engine in my 1986 Yamaha Radian. It used to be my dads old bike but he hydrolocked it and said I could fix it if I wanted. Well the exhaust is goint to the dogs so I thought I'd weld up a custom exhaust with a couple of Two Brothers cans from something. Doesn't really matter so long as the fit. So that's gonna open up the exhaust quite a bit and at the same time I was gonna do individual filters on the carbs to help airflow on that side too. What I was wondering is if anyone has ever done this or knows of anyone who's done this and what needs to be done about rejetting the carbs. I greatly appreciate all the help.

Jason

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am currently in the middle of rebuilding the engine in my 1986 Yamaha Radian. It used to be my dads old bike but he hydrolocked it and said I could fix it if I wanted. Well the exhaust is goint to the dogs so I thought I'd weld up a custom exhaust with a couple of Two Brothers cans from something. Doesn't really matter so long as the fit. So that's gonna open up the exhaust quite a bit and at the same time I was gonna do individual filters on the carbs to help airflow on that side too. What I was wondering is if anyone has ever done this or knows of anyone who's done this and what needs to be done about rejetting the carbs. I greatly appreciate all the help.

Jason

Hey Jason, Did you ever get this to work. The reason I'm asking is I have a 1989 YX600 Radian that I bought new in 89'. The exhaust crossover is rusted through and I am trying to find a new/used/aftermarket exhaust I could put on it. I am not real handy when it comes to wrenching, so "welding" up something that would work is probably not an option for me. But I got a job and in southeast Michigan that is saying something! So I could buy one if you know where I could find one or if you wanted to make one and sell it to me.

Anyway if you could help in any way I would appreciated it. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Jason, Did you ever get this to work. The reason I'm asking is I have a 1989 YX600 Radian that I bought new in 89'. The exhaust crossover is rusted through and I am trying to find a new/used/aftermarket exhaust I could put on it. I am not real handy when it comes to wrenching, so "welding" up something that would work is probably not an option for me. But I got a job and in southeast Michigan that is saying something! So I could buy one if you know where I could find one or if you wanted to make one and sell it to me.

Anyway if you could help in any way I would appreciated it. Thanks

hi mate you can use the fz600 downpipes which you should be able to find in a bike breakers they do work i have them on mine you should be able to see them on my profile pic. as for changing air filters i would not put k&n type filters on they tend to be more trouble than they are worth. a good K&N replacement filter to fit in housing are really good.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online