Road Tests

XT Alan
This post is 7392 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I think that it might be a good idea to write road tests on the bikes we own. This way people browsing the site would get an owner's eye view of machines, which will in almost all cases be at least as useful to folks as the tests they read in magazines.

A case in point: None of the various little gremlins that afflict the CB1300 I owned (I was not alone) have ever been mentioned in a magazine test, and the CB has been tested by most if not all of them.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's a good idea Alan!

Now let me start by discussing oil burning 2nd Gen Bandit 12's!  :lol:

Mine never used a drop. I heard about a few bikes with this problem, something to do with the rings I think, which Suzuki sorted. I know its hard for a confirmed Anti Suzuki-ist to believe :shock: , but the B12 is an exceptionally good machine - great engine, OK handling, good build, great gearbox. The half-faired S is not exactly good looking though, I have to admit.

Talking of ugly: the new Fazers are real dogs. How can the firm that makes the beautiful R1 do this to what was a funky looking bike in its first incarnation?

As well as Road Tests, how about the ugliest bikes on earth? Triumph Tiger does it for me :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online