Handling like crap

Yamigirl
This post is 5598 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went out on my bandit tonight and it handled like a bag of crap the front end felt as if it was going to tip either way so i felt like it was going to fall the bike handled great round the bends as soon as i straightened her up it wobbled like crap. As far as im aware the back end has been lowered and the front end has been dropped by 10mm to compensate. Any thoughts on why this feels so unstable my 500e was lowered and it handled great

Now i know this isnt a yammi but i think the same would happen on any bike so if any of you know what the best way to cure this is PLEASE help as the sun is out tomoz and i want to go and play :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Went out on my bandit tonight and it handled like a bag of crap the front end felt as if it was going to tip either way so i felt like it was going to fall the bike handled great round the bends as soon as i straightened her up it wobbled like crap. As far as im aware the back end has been lowered and the front end has been dropped by 10mm to compensate. Any thoughts on why this feels so unstable my 500e was lowered and it handled great

Now i know this isnt a yammi but i think the same would happen on any bike so if any of you know what the best way to cure this is PLEASE help as the sun is out tomoz and i want to go and play :D

That could be a problem with riding a Suzki rather than a Yamaha !

lmao

i think that could be a problem with lowering the bike as the geomatry will be all off the bike would have been designed with the bike's weight higer up but now the weight is lower to the ground giving the bike speed wobble the way you cold solve this is buy posibly wider tires and hardend suspension

Ha ha

Thanks barwell1992 cant afford new tyres the back one was only replaced last week

no its something else, my bandit is lowered for my daughter to ride it, I dropped the front about 6mm, it has no problems with handling.

Are you familiar with the bike or is it new to you? Have you checked the tyre pressures?

Bought the bike about 4 weeks ago the tyres are fine pressure and tread someone has mentioned it could be the steering head bearings, she is a bike mechanic so i know she knows what she is on about but if this isnt it im stuck

Bought the bike about 4 weeks ago the tyres are fine pressure and tread someone has mentioned it could be the steering head bearings, she is a bike mechanic so i know she knows what she is on about but if this isnt it im stuck

I suppose it could be the steering head bearings, the wheel bearings, play in the swing arm or even that you are not used to the bike.

Hubby took her for a spin and he said it felt too light at the front so he will have a look tomoz but he thinks its either the head bearings or the back end might need raising again he didnt want to go down that road as he doesnt know what size the dog bones are, thats why i asked on here hoping that someone would come up with an easier answer thanks anyway oldgitonabike

he doesnt know what size the dog bones are, thats why i asked on here hoping that someone would come up with an easier answer thanks anyway oldgitonabike

This is the measurements for the 'Dog Bones' on my bike, Mine is a K4 model though (the later one than yours) so I dont know if yours will be the same, but for what use it is...

Bandit GSF600 Suspension Links

Original = 74mm centres

1" Lower = 80mm centres

Thanks will pass it on to him.

Will let you know how we got on with it lots of people (on differant sites aswell) have come up with more or less the same answers

Hubby has put the front forks back to their original height and loosened off the steering head bearings and she now runs like a dream thanks guys especially oldgitonabike