1979 XS400 stops running when tilted level... WTF?!

ssgtmass
This post is 5596 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need some real talent here fellas. It has nothing to do with the gas. I have drained my carb bowls, checked the petcock.......I have taken the carbs off and put them back on.

I AM GETTING PISSED!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, the bike will start and run when resting on its kickstand. Then once you tip the bike up, when about level the bike dies. I am at a complete and total loss.

Is there something in the engine maybe, like a screen for the oil. Something clogging when the engine is tilted?

I don't think it is a water issue now, considerin I washed the bike about two-three weeks ago.

PLEASE HELP ME, or I am going to set some dynamite onto this f*cking bike!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't think it is a water issue now, considerin I washed the bike about two-three weeks ago.

PLEASE HELP ME, or I am going to set some dynamite onto this f*cking bike!!!!

Why did you say water isnt an issue now, like were supposed to know something? It does sound like water in a carb float bowl possibility.

If they are ok though dont forget to u tube the ultimate remedy... :lol:

check float levels, tilting bike affects the right carb, so it could be flooding or starvation. either way I'd strip the carbs down.

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online