how do i deristrict yamaha dt 125 r 2000 model

This post is 5516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

does any one know how to deristrict my Yamaha dt 125 it is a 2000 model it seems to run out of revs at about 70mph

also does any one know of a cheap dep race pipe for my bike as well am trying to find one but have had no luck finding one that is under 200 pounds

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

does any one know how to deristrict my Yamaha dt 125 it is a 2000 model it seems to run out of revs at about 70mph

also does any one know of a cheap dep race pipe for my bike as well am trying to find one but have had no luck finding one that is under 200 pounds

http://www.dtr125.net/tuningf.htm this is the best page ive found regarding the de restricting of Dtr125's, although id ignore some of the more drastic measures of cutting bits off rubber that go into the reed block and stuff like that unless your desperate for that extra 1mph!

Powervalve is the most effective tbh.

http://www.dtr125.net/tuningf.htm this is the best page ive found regarding the de restricting of Dtr125's, although id ignore some of the more drastic measures of cutting bits off rubber that go into the reed block and stuff like that unless your desperate for that extra 1mph!

Powervalve is the most effective tbh.

Thats not drastic .. I've had alsorts of tuning methods ... like 10 base gaskits fitted, ½ the piston cut away, exhaust/transfer ports attacked with a cutting stone etc , reed valve stops bent so much the reed breaks & ends up distroying the bore & piston .... the list goes on !!! but as you say having the PV system working along with an exhaust of the correct dimensions will do most 125 owners & there is no need to go 'over the odds' for little gain

Regards Jim

Thats not drastic .. I've had alsorts of tuning methods ... like 10 base gaskits fitted, ½ the piston cut away, exhaust/transfer ports attacked with a cutting stone etc , reed valve stops bent so much the reed breaks & ends up distroying the bore & piston .... the list goes on !!! but as you say having the PV system working along with an exhaust of the correct dimensions will do most 125 owners & there is no need to go 'over the odds' for little gain

Regards Jim

Well yeahm obviously it depends what your comparing it to but thats like saying killing your enemy isnt drastic in comparison to killing him, his entire family and anyone he's ever met. I just mean that if you start cutting off bits of rubber and modifying parts to the extent that a new part would need to be bought in order to restore the bike to its previous state then your reducing the price you can eventually sell it for. Personally i like to keep my bike as original as i can, so when i go to sell it i can keep down the depreciation (sp).

Whats 10 base gaskets do?

Thats not drastic .. I've had alsorts of tuning methods ... like 10 base gaskits fitted, ½ the piston cut away, exhaust/transfer ports attacked with a cutting stone etc , reed valve stops bent so much the reed breaks & ends up distroying the bore & piston

half of these i have never heard of to do to your bike whats a 10 gaskit or the exhaust/transfer ports attecked with a cutting stone

Thats not drastic .. I've had alsorts of tuning methods ... like 10 base gaskits fitted, ½ the piston cut away, exhaust/transfer ports attacked with a cutting stone etc , reed valve stops bent so much the reed breaks & ends up distroying the bore & piston

half of these i have never heard of to do to your bike whats a 10 gaskit or the exhaust/transfer ports attecked with a cutting stone

As a mechanic in the 70's & 80's these where some poor attempts at tunning

Adding 10 cylinder base gaskits (the theory is) will alter the port timing on a 2 stroke motor !

Opening the 2 windows in the back of the piston (theroy is) this will allow better gas flow into the primary compression area (married to bent reed stops).

Attacking the transfer/exhaust ports with a stone will also alter the port timming (there was a book called tuning for speed which gave info on how to tune early motors) this was looked at & acted on with bad results. I was adding the pitfalls of trying to tune the motor with little knowledge and the expense that could be incured by following such practices.

A link to the book http://www.webbikeworld.com/books/tuning-for-speed.htm

Regards Jim

Well yeahm obviously it depends what your comparing it to but thats like saying killing your enemy isnt drastic in comparison to killing him, his entire family and anyone he's ever met. I just mean that if you start cutting off bits of rubber and modifying parts to the extent that a new part would need to be bought in order to restore the bike to its previous state then your reducing the price you can eventually sell it for. Personally i like to keep my bike as original as i can, so when i go to sell it i can keep down the depreciation (sp).

Whats 10 base gaskets do?

Hi Andy

read the other post.

With your bike I would guess just alterations to the PV system is all you need to under take

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online