Improving a sr125..... any ideas?

rowland75
This post is 5491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys

Ive just bought a sr125 1991, on a bit of a whim.

I will use it to commute, park up and not worry about it. But also want to get the other half on a bike.

As its a 1991 it has drum brakes and generally a bit dated....so is it possible to tinker a little and make it stop and go a bit better?

Cheers

Pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys

Ive just bought a sr125 1991, on a bit of a whim.

I will use it to commute, park up and not worry about it. But also want to get the other half on a bike.

As its a 1991 it has drum brakes and generally a bit dated....so is it possible to tinker a little and make it stop and go a bit better?

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,

the best option is to buy a bigger bike, as there is not too much pimping stuff for the SR125 but perhaps a trawl around the net may find (if they exist) an SR175/150 produced for other markets (other than the UK that is !) With the chassis work you may find it possible to graft the front forks from a disc braked bike, along with the wheel to give some better brakes up front.

Regards Jim

Hi Pete,

the best option is to buy a bigger bike, as there is not too much pimping stuff for the SR125 but perhaps a trawl around the net may find (if they exist) an SR175/150 produced for other markets (other than the UK that is !) With the chassis work you may find it possible to graft the front forks from a disc braked bike, along with the wheel to give some better brakes up front.

Regards Jim

Thanks Jim

I kind of thought my options were limited, so ill leave as is and enjoy 100mpg... just wearing a dark visor so no-one can see me!

Pete

Thanks Jim

I kind of thought my options were limited, so ill leave as is and enjoy 100mpg... just wearing a dark visor so no-one can see me!

Pete

Hi Pete,

I guess you are right !!!! the darker the better ! :D

Regards Jim

there nothing wrong with drum brakes, my DT50 has drum brakes front and rear and its not too bad for stopping.

gie the brakes a good clean out, fresh set of shoes and it will do you a good service, theres no point in "pimping up" a bike which wasnt designed to be pimping in the first place.

keep the SR125, once you have thrown it down the road a few times and got to grips with biking you can get something a little more elaborate

Hi Pete,

I guess you are right !!!! the darker the better ! :D

Regards Jim

or wear a bhurka :lol:

there nothing wrong with drum brakes, my DT50 has drum brakes front and rear and its not too bad for stopping.

gie the brakes a good clean out, fresh set of shoes and it will do you a good service, theres no point in "pimping up" a bike which wasnt designed to be pimping in the first place.

keep the SR125, once you have thrown it down the road a few times and got to grips with biking you can get something a little more elaborate

does that mean Pete has to get rid of his FZ 1000 ? ... I would guess the SR is just a traffic hack !

Regards Jim

does that mean Pete has to get rid of his FZ 1000 ? ... I would guess the SR is just a traffic hack !

Regards Jim

i assumed he was still on L-plates 'cus i is fick ennit. :lol:

i assumed he was still on L-plates 'cus i is fick ennit. :lol:

Hi,

no worries <dad mode on>read what is in front of you <dad mode off>

:D:rolleyes::lol::blink:

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online