DT125r YPVS Problem CONTINUED...

oldskoolmark
This post is 5567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again,

After some research and talking to different people, i have worked out that my bike is running a later type engine (2002-03) with an early wiring loom (pre '97). I have managed to get hold of a servo system but am unable to plug this into my loom, as i require a later type CDI unit ( one with 2x 6 pin plugs and a 2 pin plug) as this has the YPVS control system built into it.

Does anyone know if i can wire the newer type CDI into my loom or will i have to find a later model complete wiring loom? I have no reservations about cutting into mine to join them all up if it will work.

Common sense tells me that if my old loom is running on a newer engine then upgrading to the later CDI should be possile???

Any help will be excellent as this 'can of worms' project goes on!

Cheers, Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello again,

After some research and talking to different people, i have worked out that my bike is running a later type engine (2002-03) with an early wiring loom (pre '97). I have managed to get hold of a servo system but am unable to plug this into my loom, as i require a later type CDI unit ( one with 2x 6 pin plugs and a 2 pin plug) as this has the YPVS control system built into it.

Does anyone know if i can wire the newer type CDI into my loom or will i have to find a later model complete wiring loom? I have no reservations about cutting into mine to join them all up if it will work.

Common sense tells me that if my old loom is running on a newer engine then upgrading to the later CDI should be possile???

Cheers, Mark

I would be careful about that asumption. You may have the newer engine with the older mag fitted so as far as the wiring is concerned its all tickety boo.

Other than that anything is possible.

Hello again,

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark,

this sounds a bit odd as you should have the 'spare wiires' in order to plug in the old type ypv servo & if you do have the old stator fitted everything should work fine unless the loom has been hacked to allow newer switches etc to be fitted. Perhaps its time to do some 'homework' to find out which bit & from which year you have.

Regards Jim

All sorted!!!

I managed to source an older type servo! I removed the whole PV, cleaned, re assembled and set up and it runs alot better! Can anyone tell me what the bike should now rev to, as it doesnt seem to get much past 9k?

Mine has the 2002/03 engine (4BL- Code?), so am going to investigate inlet restrictions as described on DT125r.net, hopefully it should help free up some more powers!

Cheers, Mark

All sorted!!!

I managed to source an older type servo! I removed the whole PV, cleaned, re assembled and set up and it runs alot better! Can anyone tell me what the bike should now rev to, as it doesnt seem to get much past 9k?

Mine has the 2002/03 engine (4BL- Code?), so am going to investigate inlet restrictions as described on DT125r.net, hopefully it should help free up some more powers!

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark,

just go steady with the inlet 'adjustments' as over doing it may cost you more than what you may gain in BHP/speed

Regards Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post so please excuse any faux pas and give me a nudge in the direction of correct behaviour.

I'm riding what i think is a 1996 DT 125r with an '04 engine. there is a servo motor attached but the connector on the end of the wires coming out of it isnt actually connected to anything and i cand see anywhere it may of come loose from. when i took the cover off the power valve pulley cover to adjust the cables there was no movement either when i turned on the ignition or when i started it and reved. this didnt change despite me tinkering for a bit.

Perhaps I should add that this is my first bike and though im not stupid all i have to help me is a haynes manual and a toolkit so any help will be very gratefully received.

Marcus

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online