94 yzf750, idle issues

yzf79
This post is 5596 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i recently got my yzf, my first bike in seven years. anyways when it gets warmed up or hot in that 80c and up range it wants to idle at around 4k. if i'm riding it i can idle it down by applying the brake and puting a load on the motor. i have been told vacume leak, i cant seem to find one yet anyways. i did find one thing odd, when i took the tank off the 2 breather hoses off the float side of the carb were just laying there under the tank. one has a barbd fiting in it. the service manual shows the 2 of them going together into some sort of union, but does not show the union.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the 2 hoses in question dont go together ,did figure they would but wasnt sure, anyways still havent found the source of this idle prob. any insite would be helpful. maybe i just need to have the carbs gone through even though they supposedly just gone rebuilt, give me a reason to bump up jet size.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online