Another Dt175 question

Rapco
This post is 5495 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi me again!

its all about my dt175 this time(not my JAWA...ir my puch..lol) and i was wondering if there was anything i could do do arrange the shaft that holds the flywheel. The previous owner(stupid) stripped it, but i can still screw the nut on it to hold the flywheel but i cannot force to much. As a result, I already have broked 2 woodruff key(pain in the *** to get that litlle piece, mine is in imperial, so its a bit smaller than the original metric, causing a little lose when fitting the flywheel). Anyway, the woodruff key is not a problem anymore, since i have a bag of 100 of them but, i want to be able to tighen hard the nut to hold the flywheel.

any idea? Maybe like i could redo the theads for a smaller size, but i fear to weaken the whole shaft. There is alot of force on that shaft. And i dont want to unbalance the whole setting. Any other idea?

And how hard (real specs) do you tighten the flywheel nut? and how do you hold the flywheel when doing so?

thanks again

Rapco Rider!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi me again!

its all about my dt175 this time(not my JAWA...ir my puch..lol) and i was wondering if there was anything i could do do arrange the shaft that holds the flywheel. The previous owner(stupid) stripped it, but i can still screw the nut on it to hold the flywheel but i cannot force to much. As a result, I already have broked 2 woodruff key(pain in the *** to get that litlle piece, mine is in imperial, so its a bit smaller than the original metric, causing a little lose when fitting the flywheel). Anyway, the woodruff key is not a problem anymore, since i have a bag of 100 of them but, i want to be able to tighen hard the nut to hold the flywheel.

any idea? Maybe like i could redo the theads for a smaller size, but i fear to weaken the whole shaft. There is alot of force on that shaft. And i dont want to unbalance the whole setting. Any other idea?

And how hard (real specs) do you tighten the flywheel nut? and how do you hold the flywheel when doing so?

thanks again

Rapco Rider!

If it were me i would re thread it with a slightly smaller thread, the woodruf key and the taper do the holding the bolt just nips it up.

Easy enough with a handheld die set, the bolt needs to be done up to 40lb or 5kg/nm.

As for locking it up in gear with the back brake locked up should do it if you havent got a strap wrench.

If it were me i would re thread it with a slightly smaller thread, the woodruf key and the taper do the holding the bolt just nips it up.

Easy enough with a handheld die set, the bolt needs to be done up to 40lb or 5kg/nm.

As for locking it up in gear with the back brake locked up should do it if you havent got a strap wrench.

thanks, thats what I thought, redo a size smaller thread, still in metric, bu than would not weaken the shaft, wouldnt it?

ANd yes i was using a strap wrench but it had poor grip...

thanks again

Rapco

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online