1986 Yamaha dt200 little/no spark

stustler68
This post is 5603 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New here and looking for a bit of help. I just got a non-running 1986 dt200 from my Brother in-law and have been going through it. The main problem, or so I thought was the oil injection system feeding too much oil. He struggled with it for a long time and couldn't be bothered anymore. I bypassed the injection system and will the mix the fuel for now to see if and how well it runs. Long story short, I discovered I also have little to no spark and am trying to determine why. Does anyone know what procedure and what specs I need to check the ignition coil? Also maybe some other tips or suggestions to trouble shoot it. He had a service manual for this but presently he cannot find it.

I am having alot of trouble finding any good info on this bike, any known sources out there? I read somewhere that this model was never offered for sale in the States and I assume that's part of the problem.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online