THE HOG'S 2002 TZR 125CC

THE HOG
This post is 5267 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice looking bike there bud

lil vid of the tazzer didnt rev her to high as she was still quite cold.

Hi Hog,

from the vid sound track it does sound like your TZR is a 'little' tired' on the the top end of the engine ( the mechanical noise at idle), if the bike is long term it may be worth taking the cylinder off and inspecting that & the piston & replacing the worn parts before something fails in service. if not run it till it breaks !!! But the chassis looks good for the bikes age !

Regards Jim

• 4 months later...

Hi Hog,

from the vid sound track it does sound like your TZR is a 'little' tired' on the the top end of the engine ( the mechanical noise at idle), if the bike is long term it may be worth taking the cylinder off and inspecting that & the piston & replacing the worn parts before something fails in service. if not run it till it breaks !!! But the chassis looks good for the bikes age !

Regards Jim

thanks for that yea the engine does sound a bit off i am going to do a engine rebuild i think.

well bin a while since i last posted so here is an update on the tazzer.

i wanted to give the hole bike a going over to make sure everything was up to scratch.

so i started a totall strip down.

here are some pics.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

DSCF0012-1.jpg

DSCF0013-1.jpg

so with all the rust as sourted as i could possibly get it i started with the primering.

not meany pics as i lost my camera and had to use a mobile phone.

P141009_1748.jpg

P141009_174802.jpg

also picked up a full frunt fairing for £50 delivered of e bay and its in a fair nick too.

P141009_1801.jpg

P141009_180101.jpg

P141009_1802.jpg

also got a nose cone mounting bracket from another seller for £15 delivered

P141009_180201.jpg

all i need now is the side pannal brackets which are proving hard to find.

i have came up with how i wont the colour arangement to be.

i dont a quick thing on paint to show you round about how it will look.

i am not very good with paint as you will see lol.

CopyofCopyof1987-tzr125.jpg

there will be differnt stickers but i havent decided on which stickers i will put on.

and i am thinking of changing the wheels to white but not sure.

also i wont the red and whit the same shade of red and white as the yamaha r6.

Yamaha_R6_roadtest1.jpg

Looks like you saved that frame just in time, another winter and it would have had it. Its amazing how many people don't realise that just because the plastic is all shiny the bike is good, it may be beyond help..

Looks like you saved that frame just in time, another winter and it would have had it. Its amazing how many people don't realise that just because the plastic is all shiny the bike is good, it may be beyond help..

Yea it didnt look that bad when i 1st bought it.

And then i decided to have a play around even tho all my freinds said i was daft and that i should just leave it alone fools if only they knew lol.

The old owner obvusly had tried to sort the rust and just did well wot i can only describe as a piterfull job quite frankly.

He must have just give it a light going over with a wire brush and srayed it and sprayed it the wrong shade of silver and he didnt even strip it down ither he must have left the parts on becase there was over spray on everything wiring the lot..

so straight away the rust has just came back.

but i will get it to a resonable state.

maybe later on i will invest in a spare frame if i keep the bike for that long as i am thinking of doing my full access licence and getting a bigger bike.

i facy a fzr or maybe a bigger cc tzr.

• 2 weeks later...

done a little bit more with the tzr.

finished all the primering and now i just need to get it sprayed in the white and then hammerite it and i am ready to start putting it back together.

8bbefec1.jpg

cf16cdd6.jpg

919c74c5.jpg

also started to remove the stickers from the rear pannal.

4191b3c7.jpg

while at work on the tzr i found the fork seals could need doing.

ad029fa3.jpg

356135f4.jpg

then decided to whip the head off and have a look at the piston.

2fb7ab8d.jpg

19e78120.jpg

b3936445.jpg

23cb6a92.jpg

1f2c95a0.jpg

all looks in fair condition.

i think i will place te piston just for the sake of it really save medoing it further down he line.

next up for the engine is a full engine gasket set.

new piston.

cleaned up carbs.

and rejetted.

Looking at that piston i'd say that engine is in pretty good nick, just showing normall wear and tear. Result.

Looking at that piston i'd say that engine is in pretty good nick, just showing normall wear and tear. Result.

yea you think so.

i am still pritty new with all this.

i can do it but i need a haynes manual or i am lost lol.

it all looked pritty good to me inside the engine.

the conrod looked good in colour no scorch marks or any thing and all the bairings look healthy to so i am happy.

• 5 months later...

some up date pics on the TZR

Frame sprayed.

Image0015.jpg

Image0018.jpg

Image0029.jpg

New forks

Picture055.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Painted wheels

Picture059.jpg

Picture018.jpg

up to now the build was going slowly but smoothly had a problem with the indicators not working but it was a rusty earth wire in the switch.

The brake caliper needs a bracket to fit on as the forks are from a Yamaha RD which makes the caliper clash with the disk.

But i hope to have that sour ted soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online