Has anyone tried Virago 180cc modification ?!?!

El Muerte
This post is 5601 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody,Im new here, even though Im very active member on viragothech forum, I never been here before.

So it's best thing to start with something interesting wich is modification of Virago 125

According to many people I had chance to talk, all you need is 180cc kit wich includes : cylinders ,pistons, cylinder head, rings etc.

Found some parts here:

http://www.bike-teile.de/index.php?seite=e...p;teilid=598024

And according to some people who done this mod, all what I need is to remove old cylinders and place new ones, without drilling into engine block.

Anyone done this?

I would like to hear your advice and if you had any personal experience with this.

cheers:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unless you want to do this as a fun project, just get a bigger bike.

Unless you want to do this as a fun project, just get a bigger bike.

Yea but where is fun then ? :D

Besides, I would be very sad if I sell my little Virago.

It's better to feed it with steroids :)))

But before I try this...I wanna hear if anyone done this and what potential problems I may encounter.

Just thinking - 12BHP isn't very much and you may one day want something bigger.

You'll have one hell of a job selling a bike that's been 'fecked about with'.

If you want to do it purely as a fun project, then by all means.

But if you want to get more power because you want a powerful ride, it's better to change machines (or buy another one, even!!).

hmm, turbo/supercharging would probably be a better option, though im not sure if the 125 is a two or four stroke.

if its a four stroke then maybe fitting a blower is something you should consider instead of the 180cc kit.

you're still using the standard bearings, conrod, crank e.t.c and the extra power will most likely lead to premature failure of said standard parts

yup unsles you have chaged all the parts foamy sead then dont even bother i shreaded my crank and melted my drive barings from uping my 50cc form 3bhp(30mph) to 6.5bhp(55mph+) it sized on me in the midle of now where wasent fun.....

just a warnin of what can happen

Viggies are 4-Stroke, I believe. Even the 125s.

Yep , there is always option of installing 250cc engine, but this seems a bit more fun.And if this german add is correct, these cylinders are indeed 180cc KIT, and not some mutant upgrade.

No drilling is needed, just a single' cylinder and piston swap.

I dooubt that supercharger will get me more power than this upgrade, especially becouse I will disturb air/fuel mixture and damage valves.

Besides, supercharger cost way lot more than simple piston upgrade ;)

Talked to some French guy who done this mod.He had none of problems at all.

Just type on youtube : Virago BLACK TWIN

You can see his Virago there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online