New RD200 owner

chopped850
This post is 5447 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings all, I just picked up a 74' RD200. It's all there but the battery cover. Seller told me topend is locked up but that's to be determined when I dig into it. It even has the original paint that's alittle faded on top of the tank. My plan is to get her back on the road and change nothing. Here are a few pic's of the old girl. This is my intro as I didn't see a topic link for an intro.

100_0781.jpg

100_0782.jpg

100_0783.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wish stuff survived like that in the uk, your wheels and pipes look fine they would be a dirty rusted mess over here.

But the chain and seat add to the patina of the bike. :D Of course those will be changed out. What is the best source for parts for this bike? I'm gonna send that one guy an e-mail about some keys. Thanks for that hook up. I have two bikes in the garage right now that belong to other people that need to be put back together and then I will start this one. I was watching some you-tube vid's of the RD200 and can't wait to get this thing on the road.

Greetings all, I just picked up a 74' RD200. It's all there but the battery cover. Seller told me topend is locked up but that's to be determined when I dig into it. It even has the original paint that's alittle faded on top of the tank. My plan is to get her back on the road and change nothing. Here are a few pic's of the old girl. This is my intro as I didn't see a topic link for an intro.

100_0781.jpg

100_0782.jpg

100_0783.jpg

Hi,

UK wise that is a CS2E... our RD's had the main beam waring light in the clocks & not the h/l shell but apart from that the bike is g8 .. if the Topend is siezed you may have problems getting piston etc. But that motor did suffer from the balance weights falling out of the crankshaft (flywheels ?) and stopping the con rod moving .... so it may be the bottom end !!!

Regards Jim

I'm sure there is a pair of pistons from something that will work. The machinist that bores all my cylinders can make anything happen. Just need's the pistons that are in the bike to match them up even if they need a bigger bore. But I will have a look at the bottom end when it's time.