yamaha ybr 125

Jon2k
This post is 5524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I've got a 2006 Yamaha YBR 125 which seems to randomly cut out whilst running. It seems to do it more so when it's humid out. In any gear, full throttle, high revs then you hear the air filter sucking a load of air in and it cuts out. Takes a while to start it up again. It's now got to the point where it's a lottery to whether it will start and also if it's going to cut out whilst riding.

It's got a new air filter, spark plug etc. full tank of fuel. only done 8000 miles.

Looking at the spark plug it's running very rich (black) and is usually quite wet (fuel). I've had the complete carb apart and nothing looks wrong. Played with the settings but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

We literally had everything off the bike yesterday and still no luck!

I really don't want to take it to a bike shop as the bill will end up being more than the bike is worth and it's only supposed to be a cheap commuter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bit more info...

It's not mis-firing, If I'm lucky and it decides to bog down just as I'm shifting up a gear it usually doesn't cut out, you can hear it's just about to but the shifting up saves it! very weird!

But mostly it bogs down and I have to cruise the bike to the side of the road and fire it up a few seconds after.

Could it be electics or an air leak anywhere in between these:

[cylinder]=[carb]=[airbox]

Hi, this is for anyone who ever has a similar problem...

Yamaha managed to find the problem... a faulty ignition switch! The bike is under 3 years old, surely this shouldn't go after only 8k miles!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online