Left turning signal won't work after dropped

Vincent Moy
This post is 5467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I dropped my bike tonight And now my L/H turn signal (front & rear) won't work at all. Here are some symptoms:

1. I clicked the switch to the left and it will make some static noise like "dad dad dad dad dad." The turn signal light on the gauge won't turn on.

2. I tried to fiddle around with the light (front), I saw some spark at the connection. The signal on the gauge will turn on and there is no more static noise. However, the light itself still won't lite up.

I will appreciate any help!! Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Old bulbs and an impact from dropping it could do it. But if you dropped the bike on it's left side and lost the left turn signals, I'd guess some wire got pinched, pulled, or otherwise mangled. Might not be damaged at the fixture itself, but possibly where the fixture mounts to the bike.

As far as I know, the front and rear are wired such that if one bulb goes out, front or back, the other should still work. But you've got a loose wire somewhere in the connections, that might not be the case.

Hi all,

I dropped my bike tonight And now my L/H turn signal (front & rear) won't work at all. Here are some symptoms:

1. I clicked the switch to the left and it will make some static noise like "dad dad dad dad dad." The turn signal light on the gauge won't turn on.

2. I tried to fiddle around with the light (front), I saw some spark at the connection. The signal on the gauge will turn on and there is no more static noise. However, the light itself still won't lite up.

I will appreciate any help!! Thanks!

Hi Vince

if the indicator lamps are creamed you may have a short ... hence the clicking noise from the relay, your fiddling about may have stopped the short and the problem now may live with blown bulbs or bad/distroyed earths

Regards Jim

Hi Vince

if the indicator lamps are creamed you may have a short ... hence the clicking noise from the relay, your fiddling about may have stopped the short and the problem now may live with blown bulbs or bad/distroyed earths

Regards Jim

Yes I drop it on the left side.

Yes I wiggle my front turning light and I saw some spark at the very end where it connects with the wire. And after I wiggle it a litter more the indicator is on and the clicking noise is gone also, but the light still won't turn on.

How do I check ground?

Thanks you all!!

Old bulbs and an impact from dropping it could do it. But if you dropped the bike on it's left side and lost the left turn signals, I'd guess some wire got pinched, pulled, or otherwise mangled. Might not be damaged at the fixture itself, but possibly where the fixture mounts to the bike.

As far as I know, the front and rear are wired such that if one bulb goes out, front or back, the other should still work. But you've got a loose wire somewhere in the connections, that might not be the case.

It was drop on the left but the speed wasn't too high, I'd say less than 20mph and we slide about 5 to 10 ft.

Your gonna have to chase the wires for both the front and rear signals. There is or are bare wires on probably both coming out of the housing. Fix the wires and replace the bulbs and it should be good. You can also get a test light and check the bulb sockets for power. The the light doesn't light up then chase the wires and you will find the bare spots.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online