xs400 new turn signals/tail light wiring

christoph21
This post is 5593 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just got new signals and brake light for my 81 xs400. The signals are hooked up correctly and the lights come on but they stay on constantly. The turn signal fuse keeps blowing as well. However, the brake light was being hooked up on and off with the battery still running. Also, the signals were being tested with the brake not hooked up. The brake light has three leads coming from it and won't change brightness when the brakes are applied. Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just got new signals and brake light for my 81 xs400. The signals are hooked up correctly and the lights come on but they stay on constantly. The turn signal fuse keeps blowing as well. However, the brake light was being hooked up on and off with the battery still running. Also, the signals were being tested with the brake not hooked up. The brake light has three leads coming from it and won't change brightness when the brakes are applied. Any ideas?

Scratch the brake light stuff. I just need to know now why my signals stay on constant instead of flashing. Flasher relay?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online