bloody weather (kit advice needed)

barwell1992
This post is 5605 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well me and my GF when to stratford to day first time going any where with a pillion and it absoululey pissed it down i was in my gear which consists of water proof jacket and leather bottoms now i know my leather bottoms arnt water proof but for the life of me i carnt keep the water out of my gloves and the sleav's on my jacket

so i would like to know

the best wet weather gloves that arnt to thick that i carnt feal any thing (i have alpine star versa gloves fully water proof but when over my jacket let all the water in when breaking)

the best way to stop my visor steaming up even with the 2 massif front vents open

also im in need of some new boots what would be the best all year round boots that look good and with toe sliders on up to about £140 ish

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well me and my GF when to stratford to day first time going any where with a pillion and it absoululey pissed it down i was in my gear which consists of water proof jacket and leather bottoms now i know my leather bottoms arnt water proof but for the life of me i carnt keep the water out of my gloves and the sleav's on my jacket

so i would like to know

the best wet weather gloves that arnt to thick that i carnt feal any thing (i have alpine star versa gloves fully water proof but when over my jacket let all the water in when breaking)

the best way to stop my visor steaming up even with the 2 massif front vents open

also im in need of some new boots what would be the best all year round boots that look good and with toe sliders on up to about £140 ish

You should have said you where going to Stratford we could have met up !!!! but on the gear stuff just buy what you can afford & dont buy stuff over ur means .. there is a chance it wont work any better than the cheaper stuff

Regards Jim

You should have said you where going to Stratford we could have met up !!!! but on the gear stuff just buy what you can afford & dont buy stuff over ur means .. there is a chance it wont work any better than the cheaper stuff

Regards Jim

ahh should have thorght about it lol :) will post on hear next time

and yeh im going to look at gloves with water gaters and just look at some good water proof boots as mine have split

To reduce fogging up visors wipe the inside with washing up liquid, worked for me but not for my Dad so give it a shot :lol:

ok will give it a shot

ahh should have thorght about it lol :) will post on hear next time

and yeh im going to look at gloves with water gaters and just look at some good water proof boots as mine have split

Hi,

Cov to Stratford I guess you got wet ?? there is the point that what ever stuff you buy will not keep you dry ... you could buy belstaff trailmasters which may keep you dry(ish) but you would look like a kn?b !!!

Regards Jim

To reduce fogging up visors wipe the inside with washing up liquid, worked for me but not for my Dad so give it a shot :lol:

Hi,

I would think that is an old wives tale !!! just imagine that fluid un the inside of ur visor .. no mist but you end up with such poor vision... I would guess you youngsters can see through the poo but us oldies dont stand a chance .... so therefore just use an expensive demister that works when you get older !!!

Regards Jim

Hi,

Cov to Stratford I guess you got wet ?? there is the point that what ever stuff you buy will not keep you dry ... you could buy belstaff trailmasters which may keep you dry(ish) but you would look like a kn?b !!!

Regards Jim

was damp when i got there but it full on came down when we left my boots where full of water because had my leathers tucked in to them

i think im going to get one of those thin plastick jackets i have bottoms that i put over my leathers and they are ealy realy good so might get a jacket just to add another layer of protection then put my gloves over my jacket then that jacket over the gloves :/ might be the only way to stay dry and i have a neck gater so that should keep me dry

im an all wether rider so i think i should invest in some good stuf :)

was damp when i got there but it full on came down when we left my boots where full of water because had my leathers tucked in to them

i think im going to get one of those thin plastick jackets i have bottoms that i put over my leathers and they are ealy realy good so might get a jacket just to add another layer of protection then put my gloves over my jacket then that jacket over the gloves :/ might be the only way to stay dry and i have a neck gater so that should keep me dry

im an all wether rider so i think i should invest in some good stuf :)

you'll have to pay a bit for the correct stuff tho !

Regards Jim

you'll have to pay a bit for the correct stuff tho !

Regards Jim

yeh i can guess lol well mum and dad sead they will pay for the boots but will put money towards them so i can get good ones

and theplastic over coat only costs about £12 i think might get some water proof socks was going to get some for cycling so migh be a good enough reson to get some

so i would like to know

Buy what you think is going to be good BIKE waterproof gear and then ...

Get yourself some cheap Nike waterproof jacket and trousers big enough to go over your Biker Gear and a Fog City visor insert for you helmet.

I ride in all kinds of weathers and it is the best system I have found .

Geoff.

Buy what you think is going to be good BIKE waterproof gear and then ...

Get yourself some cheap Nike waterproof jacket and trousers big enough to go over your Biker Gear and a Fog City visor insert for you helmet.

I ride in all kinds of weathers and it is the best system I have found .

Geoff.

hmm ok will have a look i think i may have a jacket to use and will look at the fog incerts

Get youself one of those one piece oversuits from Aldi, good quality at a knockdown price...Around £30, you may be able to still get some if you give Aldi a ring they will tell you if there are any left in stores in your area, I know from experience they are pretty helpful.that will keep all your clothes dry as you wear it over your boots and the cuffs of your gloves... :)

just a point, i have a pair of Hien grerik trowsers, and jacket and they zip together, i wear them as my winters as they keep me warm and dry, i get rained on most days but get off bone dry =]

however one problem, its bloodi expensive, but it works, and the gloves a think are frank tomas but they are only 90% waterproof

=][= hope this helps

I'll 2nd that, the suit has 'scotchlite' piping and panels, so with a bit of luck motorists will see you at night too ! :)

ahh ok thats for the ideas lads going to have a look now

and i can get water proof bottoms for my jacket that zip in but hate whereing water proof bottoms my leathers do zip in as well but i think i will have a look at the full suit

the hein grick suit is way out of my price range lol

yeah, well i did say it was expensive, sorry, has kept me dry though, this is a secret btw boys and girls they do a seconds shop at hein gerik, and its the same things but less, it mite be worth a try....

yeah, well i did say it was expensive, sorry, has kept me dry though, this is a secret btw boys and girls they do a seconds shop at hein gerik, and its the same things but less, it mite be worth a try....

hmm ye not a bad idea

i have also found this Full suit its the same make as my jacket an leather bottoms and the quality is generly good so the price seems justified what do you think ?

hmm ye not a bad idea

i have also found this Full suit its the same make as my jacket an leather bottoms and the quality is generly good so the price seems justified what do you think ?

You can buy one for you AND one for the GF for that price at Aldi...ok I'm not gonna keep on about it...I posted the wrong price, they are only £20

Here

Yes and get her a helmet (ooh missus) while your at it, I read a post on hear recently about some bloke that didnt bother and drove his GF home after the prom with her tafetta swirling in the summer breeze-but with no helmet on ! :mellow: