TZR 125 running problem

BillingTZR
This post is 5465 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Crash course with TZR's

To start from flooded switch the fuel off, no choke and the throttle wide open after some pushing or kicking the bike will start (if well flooded pushin starting would be better). What grade of plug are you using ? Is the bike std ? & don't forget the mix screw only adjusts the bike while it is running (it is possible to start the bike with the screw in whatever position but it may not idle too well and run well else where OK).

Other problems that may cause a soaked plug is a lack of compression or the carb in need of cleaning and lastly the ignition circut up the duff. I guess it would be good to 'redo from start' (to coin an early computer phrase) and just check the lot out !

Regards Jim

Cheers for that, it did start eventually when i turned the fuel off, but will change the plug anyway and go from there. I'm using an NGK R BR9ES spark plug as recommended by the Haynes manual. As far as i know the bike is standard, with the possible exception of the powervalve being altered, but im unsure about that. It gives you a hell of a kick at around 6500 - 7000rpm

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.