motorbike boots

alec2507
This post is 5603 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

this maybe a daft question so please feel free to call me stupid, but i've gotta buy some bike boots, now here's the thing i'm a size 8 in work boots, and some styles of trainer but a 9 in shoe's and other trainer styles, i was looking at some boots on ebay but i dont know if i should buy an 8 or 9, do bike boots generally come up big, its been years since i last bought some so any advice please :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

this maybe a daft question so please feel free to call me stupid, but i've gotta buy some bike boots, now here's the thing i'm a size 8 in work boots, and some styles of trainer but a 9 in shoe's and other trainer styles, i was looking at some boots on ebay but i dont know if i should buy an 8 or 9, do bike boots generally come up big, its been years since i last bought some so any advice please :P

Depends on the make and whether they are sized UK or euro. I my case I take a 12 (uk) which is either 46 or 47 in euro but my experience with boots is to go for the larger size as you can always wear thick socks. You could try Lidl - they had some bike stuff and certainly the Ashford store had boots last week - Maidstone might do to - give em a call. As for the ebay ones - ask the seller if they are sized UK or euro - it makes a difference.

:D :D

as previously mentioned, lidl do some bike stuff, give it a try :)

im size 9 work boots, dunno about trainers as ive not had a pair for years, i wear me work boots everywhere i go even on the bike.

its would prefer to go for a snug fitting boot as this would offer more ankle protection in the event of an off, wheras a larger boot would allow the ankle to rotate more within the boot.

go to a bike shop and try a few pairs on to see what you think. could make the difference between a trip to A&E with a limp for a few weeks and walking away with a few bruises

As said - Go to bike shop, try on boots, find ones that fit and that you like, seek cheaper suppliers online.

Job done.

Or, be like me and wear combat boots.

i can vouch for Alpinestars SMX-R verry good shame i grew out of them

now using dachinni boots but dont buy them they are crap and spliting

I wear Aldi's finest :lol:

had them 3 years now and the gear change pad is startinf to break up. put plenty of dubbin on them to keep the water out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online