1999 DT125r

This post is 5514 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Im new here and havent had much joy with the search function.

Basically my DT125r is missing the servo cables and presumably also the PV servo. The PV is locked open at the moment. Does anyone know where i can get the equipment to connect up the PV properly?

Also can anyone suggest the best shop/website to get plastics and sticker kits?

sorry if this is a common question! Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

Im new here and havent had much joy with the search function.

Basically my DT125r is missing the servo cables and presumably also the PV servo. The PV is locked open at the moment. Does anyone know where i can get the equipment to connect up the PV properly?

Also can anyone suggest the best shop/website to get plastics and sticker kits?

sorry if this is a common question! Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Mark

If you want genuine yamaha parts go to a dealer, but bare in mind that you might have to sell the rest of the bike to be able to afford it.

Ebay is usually the best place to look, althoug you may be waiting a while for one to emerge. Same for the plastics id say. Im currently looking for the YPVS servo kit for an 86 LC DT but no luck so far.

Plastics are very sought after apparently, my friends DT has all of them and his tank stolen from outside his flat whilst he slept. They were marked so he will know when he finds them, we're just still waiting to come across the little scumbag that took them so we can "have words".

I paid 20 quid including postage for a rear panel on my 86 DT, which obviously isnt as popular as the 1999+ models, so you may well be looking at 100 quid for a set. Good luck with the search, and if you come across an 86 servo kit that doesnt fit yours ill be greatful to hear about it :D

If you want genuine yamaha parts go to a dealer, but bare in mind that you might have to sell the rest of the bike to be able to afford it.

Ebay is usually the best place to look, althoug you may be waiting a while for one to emerge. Same for the plastics id say. Im currently looking for the YPVS servo kit for an 86 LC DT but no luck so far.

Plastics are very sought after apparently, my friends DT has all of them and his tank stolen from outside his flat whilst he slept. They were marked so he will know when he finds them, we're just still waiting to come across the little scumbag that took them so we can "have words".

I paid 20 quid including postage for a rear panel on my 86 DT, which obviously isnt as popular as the 1999+ models, so you may well be looking at 100 quid for a set. Good luck with the search, and if you come across an 86 servo kit that doesnt fit yours ill be greatful to hear about it :D

Perhaps the rarity/price of the plastics explains my bike! It has at some point been stolen and recovered, and now has white plastics, yellow tank and frame and a grey seat??? Think i will keep the plastics white, spray the tank white, recover the seat, get some graphics and put up with a yellow frame until i can be bothered to strip and repaint it!!!

YPVS servo setup will take prority!!! Strange how they are so rare?!

Thanks for your advice, oh and will let you know if i find an '86 YPVS.

Cheers, Mark

Perhaps the rarity/price of the plastics explains my bike! It has at some point been stolen and recovered, and now has white plastics, yellow tank and frame and a grey seat??? Think i will keep the plastics white, spray the tank white, recover the seat, get some graphics and put up with a yellow frame until i can be bothered to strip and repaint it!!!

Cheers, Mark

Yeah, i was suprised when my friend wa slooking to buy new ones, in the end hes just bought all varied colours and is going to respray them when he gets his arse into gear. The bike im building had all scratched and faded plastics so i cleaned them up, plastic primed and then re sprayed using the fan spray system that comes on the cans of custom paint from halfords. Worked a treat :D

As for the ypvs servo, i guess its just because they are so good! Dt's often used for offroad, like 2 of mine so everyone wants them to get an edge on the next person :D

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark,

back in the day when the bike was new YPVS conversions cost a shed load so therefore I am not worried about them being rare :mellow: but a TZR kit would fit the bill also ... tbh TZR owners tended to buy the kit DT ones didn't, which could be down to the DT being 'sweet' on the off road stuff & TZR owners just wanting a load of performance !

Regards Jim

Hi Mark,

back in the day when the bike was new YPVS conversions cost a shed load so therefore I am not worried about them being rare :mellow: but a TZR kit would fit the bill also ... tbh TZR owners tended to buy the kit DT ones didn't, which could be down to the DT being 'sweet' on the off road stuff & TZR owners just wanting a load of performance !

Regards Jim

Have i read this correctly? Are you saying the TZR YPVS servo setup will fit the DT?

Wht can i expect if i leave my PV opened up with correct jetting etc? I know acceleration will be hindered due to less back pressure, but will it still be useable/ridable?

Cheers, Mark

Have i read this correctly? Are you saying the TZR YPVS servo setup will fit the DT?

Wht can i expect if i leave my PV opened up with correct jetting etc? I know acceleration will be hindered due to less back pressure, but will it still be useable/ridable?

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark,

You can expect poor performance below about 6k then the bike will take off like a rocket so if you use the gearbox well & keep the engine @ >6k it will run fine.

Dependant on which year DT you have ,the TZR bits will fit do some net searches & you will find what you need !

Regards Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online