Ohlin's back shock, but!

axl
This post is 7393 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The back shock on my 94' yzf750 is an Ohlin's (Iv'e just been on their site and saw it), but!!, is it an Ohlin's that's made under licence in Japan, or is the gen item!, how do you tell, anyone know!

Much the same as this

46hrcl.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

jep. it looks a lot like that. BUT it is most likely the original rearshock of yzf. does it say Öhlins type 46 on it anywhere? it should!

the org yzf shock has yellow spring and gold colored outside addjustment as well as ohlins.

the original yzf one can not be rebuilt, but i have heard that some race-mechanics can open up the original and rebuild it. the standard motorcycle shops will not do that.

if you only could post an pic of your shock, ill tell you right away if its an genuine ohlins or not.

• Admin

Was it not from 94 that ohlins came standard :?

I know it has been rebuilt, but not by a bike shop, by a guy who worked there but now works for himself.

A guy called Hans, he used to work for Ride on in Glasgow and he know's his stuff!, he races/raced LC's, he's built a few shocks for people I know.

I'll try and get a pic of it, but I'm also taking it up to Ride on today and gona ask of the boy's there who's good, I cant get hold of Hans right now.

Was it not from 94 that ohlins came standard  :?

94 was the year Yamaha bought Öhlins, but the rebuildable, genuine öhlins type shocks haven´t been standard in any, but a very few (96?) built yzf750sp´s