CPC

JimR
This post is 5599 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I,m a bus driver and have just completed my first 16 hours of the CPC,and to be honest it hasnt taught me anything i dont already know.That isnt meant to sound big headed but if there was a problem with my driving ability i'm sure my employers would have given me my p45 by now. I have been doing the job 7 years now without any instances and some drivers at my depot a lot longer. The general concensus of opinion amongst us is that its a bit of a waste of time.

Yes there are some so called professional drivers who would benefit greatly from this.

There have been some instances when i'm on the road that i have avoided a situation because i am aware of whats about to happen and been able to react to it and i didnt need CPC to have made me alert to possible dangers.

Did my driving assesment the other day which was very satisfactory and i drove how i normally would.My instructor that day said himself that in his experience motorcyclists make far better professional drivers,and drivers in general as we are far more hazard aware.

I think the CPC should apply to your everyday motorist as they are the ones that need to be aware of whats going on around them.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I,m a bus driver and have just completed my first 16 hours of the CPC,and to be honest it hasnt taught me anything i dont already know.That isnt meant to sound big headed but if there was a problem with my driving ability i'm sure my employers would have given me my p45 by now. I have been doing the job 7 years now without any instances and some drivers at my depot a lot longer. The general concensus of opinion amongst us is that its a bit of a waste of time.

Yes there are some so called professional drivers who would benefit greatly from this.

There have been some instances when i'm on the road that i have avoided a situation because i am aware of whats about to happen and been able to react to it and i didnt need CPC to have made me alert to possible dangers.

Did my driving assesment the other day which was very satisfactory and i drove how i normally would.My instructor that day said himself that in his experience motorcyclists make far better professional drivers,and drivers in general as we are far more hazard aware.

I think the CPC should apply to your everyday motorist as they are the ones that need to be aware of whats going on around them.

Hi Janey,

I start my CPC later this year and think its a good idea (my first 2 days worth are banksman training & Tacho training and perhaps a thrid on defect reporting & assesment) for it to moved to normal drivers as well as profesional ones. this may make some drivers aware that they dont signal right when going straight on etc.and of course in the bike world this may educate the 'all the gear ... no idea' boys & Girls that are out there. I drive a dust cart ( I know you all hate um) & TBH there are a few car/motorcycle drivers/riders that need to be made aware that lagre vehicles need more room to turn i.e you straddle both lanes to do a right turn & some thing either is in the target area of the rear on the left of the large vehicle or someone rekons ... lorry/bus driver twat doesn't know where their going I'll try and get up the ½ right hand lane ... and so it goes on !!!

Regards Jim

I dont hate dust carts,in fact i have every admiration for bin men,not a job everyone would want to do.The binmen are pretty good round here for getting out of your way as soon as they can and letting us through.They have a job to do.

Your right in that the average motorist dosnt realise a large vehicle has to take a different line on junctions,roundabouts etc and will insist on squeezing past you not realising the back end is going to swing out and twat them.In this respect i think the CPC is a good idea for the less experienced LGV/PSV driver as it makes you realise you have to think for idiots who cant do it for themselves.

I love bus driving,beats working for a living,but it wasnt in the job description that i had to keep stopping and letting people get on :D:D

P.S cyclists are my main gripe,especially lycra louts.Apologies to any cyclists on here,but can you use the pavement ;)

I dont hate dust carts,in fact i have every admiration for bin men,not a job everyone would want to do.The binmen are pretty good round here for getting out of your way as soon as they can and letting us through.They have a job to do.

Your right in that the average motorist dosnt realise a large vehicle has to take a different line on junctions,roundabouts etc and will insist on squeezing past you not realising the back end is going to swing out and twat them.In this respect i think the CPC is a good idea for the less experienced LGV/PSV driver as it makes you realise you have to think for idiots who cant do it for themselves.

I love bus driving,beats working for a living,but it wasnt in the job description that i had to keep stopping and letting people get on :D:D

P.S cyclists are my main gripe,especially lycra louts.Apologies to any cyclists on here,but can you use the pavement ;)

Hi Janey,

cycle riders are bad ....I agree .. I was driving back from tip and a cycle pulled out in front of me & rode on the road for about 2 miles at the point I could not over take due to on comming traffic the cars behind felt I was being silly (lights horns etc) if the cycle had got off the road in order for me to pass the hold up would have been less than it was !!! hence perhaps CPC should filter down to no licenced road users also (including Horse riders !!!)

So I'll just keep driving the bin lorry to the point that everyone is safe !

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online