Gas through muffler

hump3366
This post is 5608 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had local dealer do tuneup on V-star 1100 classis(2000) last year after sitting fro 2 years. I am now getting gas blowing through the muffler on one side. The engine is running fine and gets warm. Something stuck? Help. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had local dealer do tuneup on V-star 1100 classis(2000) last year after sitting fro 2 years. I am now getting gas blowing through the muffler on one side. The engine is running fine and gets warm. Something stuck? Help. Thanks

Hi,

That fault normally indicates a cylinder not running, but as you say both cylinders/ exhaust pipes are getting warm this cannot be so. Other faults may be a residue of some fluid in the exhaust (perhaps some preserving oil/stuff applied to the exhausts when the bike was laid up). TBH I would take it back to the shop & get them to sort out the problem as I guess you may have already paid for this to be fixed, this would depend on how you define 'tuneup'

Regards JIm

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online