New here

cegan09
This post is 5482 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I suppose i should have made this post first. I'm Chris, a graduating Senior from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. I recently purchased a 1976 Yamaha XS500 from my friend, and we've been working out the little problems its been having. Finally got it running well tonight and got to take a ride. I'm very impressed. This is my first bike, and i'm hooked.

The bike needs a few things, most majorly is a tear down and respray of the frame, though its really not that bad. Also needs a new chain and other little parts. Once that is done i'll do little touches to make it my own.

some crappy cell phone shots from the shop tonight.

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I suppose i should have made this post first. I'm Chris, a graduating Senior from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. I recently purchased a 1976 Yamaha XS500 from my friend, and we've been working out the little problems its been having. Finally got it running well tonight and got to take a ride. I'm very impressed. This is my first bike, and i'm hooked.

The bike needs a few things, most majorly is a tear down and respray of the frame, though its really not that bad. Also needs a new chain and other little parts. Once that is done i'll do little touches to make it my own.

some crappy cell phone shots from the shop tonight.

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Hi There,

if you need any help with this bike let me know ... I used to work on them when they were new & only live in Malvern

Regards Jim

Thanks. I'm not sure how, but i think we have it dialed in. It started on the electric start for the first time in over 6 months today.

One question, one of the carbs has been "puking" now and then. Happens usually right after running, when its sitting on the kickstand. Right Carb just drains fuel out the air intake side. I've taken the carb apart to check, and i can't find anything wrong. From what i can tell the float bowls are filling. Any ideas?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online