Maxim mufflers - compatible?

This post is 5607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have finally found a decent price on a pair of gently used mufflers. My bike ('81 550 Maxim) doesnt presently HAVE mufflers, as the previous owner removed for some reason. Wondering if the '82 650 Maxim mufflers will be compatible with mine?

Hi,

you wont have a problem those mufflers/silencers should fit ! just wondering why the bike was left with just downpipes .. I would guess the previous owner just wanted to make a noise !!!

Regards Jim

Hi,

you wont have a problem those mufflers/silencers should fit ! just wondering why the bike was left with just downpipes .. I would guess the previous owner just wanted to make a noise !!!

Regards Jim

I think that definitely was the case. Bike is loud as hell and has little pickup in low gears. Thanks for the advice!

I think that definitely was the case. Bike is loud as hell and has little pickup in low gears. Thanks for the advice!

HI,

TBH I think I would invest in a 4 into 1 system for it try here http://cycleworks.co.nz/downloads/Yamaha-Catalogue.pdf this is one but there could be a few in the US also. Fitting a system like this would give a lighter system and allow 'deeper angles of lean' when cornering.

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online