N - N - N - Near Miss...

mits007
This post is 5497 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:blink:

Had a near miss last night from work :unsure:

Was riding thru' freckleton going home. There is this slight bend to the right, (no more than 20° I'd say). On the inside of the bend, there is a newsagents where there was a car parked.

An oncoming car is ovrtaking the parked car, at which point the driver of the parked car gormlessly opens the door,

the overtaking car consequently swerves into my lane (Narrow lanes)

I have to nearly swerve onto the footpath, If I didnt swerve as much as I did, - well, it would have been nasty... :blink:

bloody gormless driver!... :angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Which translates to, "I'm in a metal box and I don't give a fuck".

This is why I drive an APC......

I say well done, Mits. Takes good riding to avoid situations like that.

Car drivers, all of them.....................................kuntz.

Is my warning level gonna go up for that word? ^^

Were having a meeting to decide... :lol:

Which translates to, "I'm in a metal box and I don't give a fuck".

This is why I drive an APC......

I say well done, Mits. Takes good riding to avoid situations like that.

Yes well done mits, now remember what has just happened and you will be better placed if it happens again ;)

, at which point the driver of the parked car gormlessly opens the door,

and that is an offence under the road traffic act - you realy should have taken the index number and reported him/her

of course it wouldn't have got anywhere, but if they did it again it can be used ot show a general disregard for the law and road safety.

Good to hear you're OK though, we lost a guy up here yesterday morning - head on with a flatbed van, lasted until he got to A&E.......RIP.

GEEZ...Well done mate...

Talking of careless gormless fuckers...I was driving home at lunchtime yesterday (in my car luckily) and some dozy cow decides to T Bone me, pulled stright out of the junction as I was travelling across it :pissed-off:

The classic line ensued..."Sorry didnt see you"...I was like "How the bloody hell do you miss a Silver Vectra in the middle of the day coming your way"???

Front wheel & arch, passenger door, skirts & rear door all f***ed!!!...well done Brain of Britain!

Shit me up though...coulda bin on me bike! :unsure::blink:

your making me nervous now, only 24 hours to the NW200 :unsure:

The thing is, even on a bike which I would say is "big" how can any1 miss you?!?!... I womder whether the sun was to blme as the sun was behind me so the cars windscreen was probably full of glare..

Hey mits, don't give them an excuse mate. Be lucky if half of them even look through the windscreen!

I've had countless near misses when half blind idiots have pulled out in front of me, and thats when I've been drivin a huuuuge Scania fire engine. Yes, with the light bar, strobes and wailers on!!!!

They get in their metal boxes, heater on,stereo on andswitch their brain off. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

where's me oil of primrose.....quick!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online