xy600 won't start after a trailer ride

Orange 600
This post is 5609 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm the new owner of a nice 86 radian. When I went to try it out it started like it was brand new. I strapped it to my trailer and drove it home. Now it won't start. It backfired a couple times and now nothing. I pulled the plugs out, they were a bit wet and dirty so I cleaned them and dried them. I tried starting it without plugs to evacuate any fuel but nothing came out. After replacing the plugs it seemed a bit better for the first couple of tries but now I'm back where I started.

Based on other posts I am thinking the carbs may need a cleaning but besides that I'm at a lost. Any help on troubleshooting would be great.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm the new owner of a nice 86 radian. When I went to try it out it started like it was brand new. I strapped it to my trailer and drove it home. Now it won't start. It backfired a couple times and now nothing. I pulled the plugs out, they were a bit wet and dirty so I cleaned them and dried them. I tried starting it without plugs to evacuate any fuel but nothing came out. After replacing the plugs it seemed a bit better for the first couple of tries but now I'm back where I started.

Based on other posts I am thinking the carbs may need a cleaning but besides that I'm at a lost. Any help on troubleshooting would be great.

Hi Orange,

I would guess you have gassed the bike up ! to try to cure this insert the plugs open the throttle fully, no choke & crank the motor & the misfires will turn into a start, I would guess the bike has well flooded over its journey on the trailer

Regards Jim

Hi Orange,

I would guess you have gassed the bike up ! to try to cure this insert the plugs open the throttle fully, no choke & crank the motor & the misfires will turn into a start, I would guess the bike has well flooded over its journey on the trailer

Regards Jim

Thanks. I did notice some fuel had dripped onto the trailer bed so I suspect fuel has accumulated in a few parts of the engine.... I'll give it another go and hopefully I will get my first ride tonight.

Thanks. I did notice some fuel had dripped onto the trailer bed so I suspect fuel has accumulated in a few parts of the engine.... I'll give it another go and hopefully I will get my first ride tonight.

I do hope it was your first ride on the bike :D seriously let us know what happens

Regards Jim

Well for those who read my very first post on this forum I have good news. Looks like the trailer ride was the source of the problems and after a good nights rest and a cleaning of the plugs she fired right up.

My first ride was wonderful, its a nice a nimble little machine I will very much enjoy.

I look forward to contributing to this forum. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online