Powervalve servo,DT 125

This post is 5511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,thanks everyone for your previous help,greatly appreciated!! I was woundering if anyone knows whether or not the power valve servo can be interchanged with a wireing modification,i believe the early type have a 2 pin plug and 1 seperate bullet connector and the later type have a 4 pin plug and 1 bullet connector,,the later unit can be purchased fairly easily whereas the early unit seems to be like rocking horse droppings,as far as the wiring on the early unit i presume (seeing as only 3 wires)the connections must be ignition positive an earth and a pick up from the coil/cdi unit.

Any help would be greatly recieved.....Tim

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,thanks everyone for your previous help,greatly appreciated!! I was woundering if anyone knows whether or not the power valve servo can be interchanged with a wireing modification,i believe the early type have a 2 pin plug and 1 seperate bullet connector and the later type have a 4 pin plug and 1 bullet connector,,the later unit can be purchased fairly easily whereas the early unit seems to be like rocking horse droppings,as far as the wiring on the early unit i presume (seeing as only 3 wires)the connections must be ignition positive an earth and a pick up from the coil/cdi unit.

Any help would be greatly recieved.....Tim

I found one for a 97 dt without too much trouble...

I found one for a 97 dt without too much trouble...

A 97 servo is the model with more wires,in my previous post it says there are plenty of those about but not for the earlier model,which is the one i need!! Tim

A 97 servo is the model with more wires,in my previous post it says there are plenty of those about but not for the earlier model,which is the one i need!! Tim

I've got a 97 dt and it's only got 2 connectors and a bullet, ordered the wrong one though :angry:

It would be good if you could do a modification to it though.

I've got a 97 dt and it's only got 2 connectors and a bullet, ordered the wrong one though :angry:

It would be good if you could do a modification to it though.

The servo with 4 wires and a bullet does not have the controll unit built in,the unit we need has the unit built in hence less wires,think the only mod would be to get the control unit for the servo,i am pretty sure it ids built in to the cdi,a pain in the ass!! Am in the process of trying to sort out a front brake caliper for my 1987 dt 125lc 3,think its the same as the dtr,but asked many people,no one is sure,wish i could find someone local to me to compare my caliper to theirs,oh well back to trolling the internet and keeping my fingers crossed...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online