TDM 850 Opinions?

Rabatbuggy
This post is 5612 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

I,m new here so be gentle with me! What are your views on the TDM 850 as I fancy getting one,all the mags I have read say its ok, what are your opinions please.Any faults etc etc.....Any help would be appreciated.

Oh I ride a Honda Dominator at the moment,and have an XT in the shed awaiting winter for some tlc....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i bought one a couple of months ago, they are............brilliant! not massively fast, but im sure you know that anyways. Great handling, punchy, decent economy, i really rate mine and it seems less likely to catch me out than a sports bike.

go for it, you'll love it.

The only negatives i've heard as far as tdm's go cos a mate of mine has had 2, one dodgy green colour and a burgandy jobbie. Is the exhausts rot faster than the speed of light and they are utter, bastards to work on.

I would happily have one myself. I used one for a few days on holiday and they are great real world tools.

The only negatives i've heard as far as tdm's go cos a mate of mine has had 2, one dodgy green colour and a burgandy jobbie. Is the exhausts rot faster than the speed of light and they are utter, bastards to work on.

I would happily have one myself. I used one for a few days on holiday and they are great real world tools.

yeah a bit of a pain to get to stuff, but then ive been working on an fzr1000 for 9 years so it seems highly accessible to me!

mine can with an aftermarket exhaust and most that are from the 90s seem to be running something no-standard.

did 220 miles yesterday afternoon and didnt have any aches and pains at the end, the sports bikes iv owned would be making me ache a little.