simple question for common problem

radar61
This post is 5613 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I have recently acquired an XJ600N, runs fine but has what seems to be a common problem .... oil dripping from the airbox drain pipe. I've read up and thanks to many am clear on what I need to do ..... except for one thing ....

When removing the fuel tank, there has been no mention of setting the tap to 'off' ( dont think there is an 'off') or draining the tank before disconnecting the pipe. Maybe im being a bit dense, but what stops the fuel running out all over the place??

Many thanks, in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You dont to have to drain fuel, turn the petcock to on, as the fuel is vacuum fed to the carb it wont run out, you will have a small amount from the pipe but thats all, :)

You dont to have to drain fuel, turn the petcock to on, as the fuel is vacuum fed to the carb it wont run out, you will have a small amount from the pipe but thats all, :)

now thats even better

cheers dude

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online