Newbie R1 owner (2 weeks) needs help

Sharky_82
This post is 5635 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys a newbie to R1's and the site here,

What a great site! still feeling my way around at the moment. 2 weeks ago I bought an '06 R1 Raven, I rode the gixer 1000, ZX10 and Blade but the R1 had it all by miles class, handling, style, power, looks I could go on...

After a long ride back to London from Devon I noticed that my front brake's sounded different whilst manouvering the bike around my yard, a light knocking sound was coming front the front brake calipers under light braking eventually I found that the brake pads themselves were moving (only a few millimetres) within both of the calipers causing them to knock, all the pins etc... are in place and nothing appears to be wrong and everything still works, but my bike did'nt make the sound before I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was anyway of tightening them to stop the knocking or if it was normal??

Cheers guys for any help that can be offered

Pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys a newbie to R1's and the site here,

What a great site! still feeling my way around at the moment. 2 weeks ago I bought an '06 R1 Raven, I rode the gixer 1000, ZX10 and Blade but the R1 had it all by miles class, handling, style, power, looks I could go on...

After a long ride back to London from Devon I noticed that my front brake's sounded different whilst manouvering the bike around my yard, a light knocking sound was coming front the front brake calipers under light braking eventually I found that the brake pads themselves were moving (only a few millimetres) within both of the calipers causing them to knock, all the pins etc... are in place and nothing appears to be wrong and everything still works, but my bike did'nt make the sound before I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was anyway of tightening them to stop the knocking or if it was normal??

Cheers guys for any help that can be offered

Pete

i had a similar problem with my kawasaki zxr, it was one of the pots in my caliper, which had siezed, causing a slight knocking sound, i stripped it cleaned it and it sorted it, this was around 6 months ago. i now own a 1999 R1, and enjoying the site too, hope i helped

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online