Sticking EXUP valve

cool uncle
This post is 5526 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The self diagnostic system on my 04 plate Fazer 1000 is telling me that there is a problem with the EXUP valve.

Is there an easy way to free it off, is it a job I could attempt myself & will it damage the engine if I still use the bike? :icon_cool:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The self diagnostic system on my 04 plate Fazer 1000 is telling me that there is a problem with the EXUP valve.

Is there an easy way to free it off, is it a job I could attempt myself & will it damage the engine if I still use the bike? :icon_cool:

More than likley that the valve needs a strip,clean and lube, this is something that should be done every service really, ( I do mine every couple of thou miles ) unfourtnatly, Mr Yamaha never thought to add it to the servicing schedule, so more often than not it gets missed and the first you know of it is when the dreaded ExUp fault appears.........

Yes it is a job you can do yourself but,,, before you start pop on to this SITE and have a look round, you should find all the info you need to do the job and any advice you need,just ask,,, another but !! first of all introduce your self !!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online