250cc engine tuning

ror_b211
This post is 5621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I've recently bought a 1994 Yamaha SR250, and I'm just looking for a few simple ways to squeeze a couple more HP out of the engine to make it a little bit more suitable for short bursts on the motorway and dual carriageways and the like.

I've heard there are fuel additives than clean the carb nozzles, which are the best of these?

Also are there any engine mods that could be done? Nothing too complex, I have a sound knowledge of working with engines & mechanics but not advanced.

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

I've recently bought a 1994 Yamaha SR250, and I'm just looking for a few simple ways to squeeze a couple more HP out of the engine to make it a little bit more suitable for short bursts on the motorway and dual carriageways and the like.

I've heard there are fuel additives than clean the carb nozzles, which are the best of these?

Also are there any engine mods that could be done? Nothing too complex, I have a sound knowledge of working with engines & mechanics but not advanced.

Thanks!

Hi,

best bet is to trade it in for a bigger bike :D, but you may be able to increase the performance of the bike by fitting the XT250 (249cc, your's is 239cc ?) barrel/piston & cylinder head but by doing that you may end up with the reliability issues that the larger motor had, minced heads,cams & clutches ! The 239cc motor 'never put a foot wrong ! If you add the XT250 equipment ensure that the oil pump is of the correct diameter & width, and is geared as per the XT modification, this may have been done on your 92 bike as these problems arose back in the early/mid 80's but is well worth looking into be4 you spend some cash to distroy your engine !

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online