Top 5 Road Racers of All Time

XT Alan
This post is 7316 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Kenny Roberts (Sr.)

Freddie Spencer

Mike Hailwood

Giacomo Agostini

Valentino Rossi

Difficult to narrow it down to only 5..........been soooo many good one's :wink:

Valentino Rossi

Freddie Spencer

Agostini

Kenny Roberts

And I have to say Toseland because he's the only one I've ever met and when I met him he convinced me to start motorcycling in the first place!

Not that many really good riders I thought. I had to make 5 and I could only think of Freddy Spencer and Kenny Roberts because I'd just read them

i´ll list Saarinen :D

i´ve got an old poster of him (posters got to be at least 20years old), where his riding his black and red painted RD350 with matching leathers.

ill list:

Rossi

Saarinen

Roberts

Doohan

Rainey

Saarinen is top of any list mate! 8)

But again it's a generation thing. If you're not old enough to remember The Baron then you have no means of evaluation.

But I tell you something...next to Saarinen....Hailwood was the man.

He'd have destroyed them all....Rossi is very good indeed, but he's no Hailwood. And he's certainly no Saarinen.

Hailwood was great. But, as you will recall, he couldn't cope with the first Honda 500. Redman went straight out on this bucking bronco of a bike and won. Honda, as is their way, inexplicably stopped Redman racing 500s after this. I've always remembered this, which is why I rate Redman so highly. + of course his 6 world championships and 6 TT wins.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online