sexy XS

drewpy
This post is 5615 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I want one

efee0626.jpg

more on this bike here

Hi Drewps

the email notification came to me as a philsing email have you added some nasty bits ? :mellow:

Regards Jim

Hi Drewps

the email notification came to me as a philsing email have you added some nasty bits ? :mellow:

Regards Jim

can only see tasty bits Jim!! the link is to a jap blog site

can only see tasty bits Jim!! the link is to a jap blog site

Hi drewp,

I guess the XS400 cylinder/cylinder head (US custom version, rounded, what is wrong with the good old squared off version ?) could be classed as tasty the rest as my jap is not good (crap) the links dont make too much sense.

Regards Jim

Hi drewp,

I guess the XS400 cylinder/cylinder head (US custom version, rounded, what is wrong with the good old squared off version ?) could be classed as tasty the rest as my jap is not good (crap) the links dont make too much sense.

Regards Jim

I think on that bike the round custom head suits the bike, I just look at the pretty pictures on the blog ;)

I think on that bike the round custom head suits the bike, I just look at the pretty pictures on the blog ;)

Hi,

I havent found them (the pictures) yet .... I guess I'll have to study the blog further, but when I uncrated the first XS400SE we had (late 79/early 80) I didnt like the change and perfered the older square design & another (unanswerable?) question why was the 250 left square ? Perhaps it was merely identification as the bikes otherwise were the same at a quick glance ? It was possible to sell a 400 by showing someone a 250, in the showroom we used to have a black of one size and a maroon of the other (250/400) and there were times people thought they were looking at the bike with the correct size motor even after they were told "This is a 250 in Black, but the 400 is very close to this in most respects". The one that I remember well was a girl who bought a 400 after looking at a 250, and on collection felt the bike was heavier and would not believe she had sat on the 250 ! even tho she was told at onset.

good job an SR250 & SR500 where not simular as people may have wondered where the electric start had gone from their purchase :D

Regards Jim

Nice...although I dunno why they put a spoked wheel up front and not in the back. :shrug:

There's a pretty big custom scene in Japan now with the Yamaha twins, especially with the SR400's (that alas, we don't have here in the US) and older XS650's. Bratstyle comes to mind, but there are quite a few others I stumbled across on the net.

Both XS650 Specials:

DSC007072.jpg

RIMG25111.jpg

Hmm, this one's got only one spoked wheel as well. I guess that's the in thing over there.

Nice...although I dunno why they put a spoked wheel up front and not in the back. :shrug:

There's a pretty big custom scene in Japan now with the Yamaha twins, especially with the SR400's (that alas, we don't have here in the US) and older XS650's. Bratstyle comes to mind, but there are quite a few others I stumbled across on the net.

Both XS650 Specials:

DSC007072.jpg

RIMG25111.jpg

Hmm, this one's got only one spoked wheel as well. I guess that's the in thing over there.

Where does the WD40 fit in? :lol: I would guess an SR400 would be a single & not a twin. I would perfer the old XS650 twin to be itself & not some composition against some lowly 400 single.... r those as bad as other small motored bikes ? The XS650 was cool ... it didnt require too much GT85/WD40 to get an XS650 to a close ton ... in fact none ! it would be good to give me the XS & u have the SR400 and race it out .. I would guess the XS will win & ur paying !

Regards Jim

Where does the WD40 fit in? :lol: I would guess an SR400 would be a single & not a twin. I would perfer the old XS650 twin to be itself & not some composition against some lowly 400 single.... r those as bad as other small motored bikes ? The XS650 was cool ... it didnt require too much GT85/WD40 to get an XS650 to a close ton ... in fact none ! it would be good to give me the XS & u have the SR400 and race it out .. I would guess the XS will win & ur paying !

Regards Jim

Yes, they are singles I think, sorry. Nice looking scoots, regardless. But wot's this, I sense a slight at smaller engined bikes. Insolence!

"Don't pay him no mind Ole Girl." he says while lovingly petting his XS360. :D

Yes, they are singles I think, sorry. Nice looking scoots, regardless. But wot's this, I sense a slight at smaller engined bikes. Insolence!

"Don't pay him no mind Ole Girl." he says while lovingly petting his XS360. :D

I'll give ur ole girl some mind :mellow: .. as long as u dont watch ! :blink:

the last time I had an XS360 was in the days b4 GT85 ... in those days Duck oil & u guessed it WD40 were the order of the day and unleaded fuel was not even on the agenda !

Regards Jim

The one that I remember well was a girl who bought a 400 after looking at a 250, and on collection felt the bike was heavier and would not believe she had sat on the 250 ! even tho she was told at onset.

good job an SR250 & SR500 where not simular as people may have wondered where the electric start had gone from their purchase :D

Regards Jim

the specs say the 250 was heavier, maybe its all the extra meat in the barrel and head

the specs say the 250 was heavier, maybe its all the extra meat in the barrel and head

Hi Drewps,

by how much ?

Regards Jim

Hi Drewps,

by how much ?

Regards Jim

2kg

250 166kg

360 159kg

400 164kg

I recon the 360 weight saving was in the wire wheels

2kg

250 166kg

360 159kg

400 164kg

I recon the 360 weight saving was in the wire wheels

Hi Drewps,

these are the figures for the US customs ? as I dont remember a 360 US custom nor a spoked wheel variant within the US custom series.

Regards Jim

gravel crew and Yellow, are some of the best jap built styled bikes out there, bratstyle is huge using jap and american/brit and others, I kinda think they use some steampunk looks buiding into there bikes. Youtube has more and more cravel crew and bratstyle builds every day. im diggin it.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/11/...by-gravel-crew/

http://www.ridelust.com/japanese-steampunk...r-millionaires/

gravel crew and Yellow, are some of the best jap built styled bikes out there, bratstyle is huge using jap and american/brit and others, I kinda think they use some steampunk looks buiding into there bikes. Youtube has more and more cravel crew and bratstyle builds every day. im diggin it.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/11/...by-gravel-crew/

http://www.ridelust.com/japanese-steampunk...r-millionaires/

I dig 'em too. That's one sexy XS on the youtube clip.

Hi Drewps,

these are the figures for the US customs ? as I dont remember a 360 US custom nor a spoked wheel variant within the US custom series.

Regards Jim

I thought all 360's were drum braked, thus wired!!