Fresh Paint Job, What do you think?

Cy Welch
This post is 5619 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

looks good mate i would have gone matt black but thats just me but it now look as thogh it goes together

Fuckin' GROOVY!!!!!

I seriously want one of those, man!!!!!

Just finished phase one of the repaint on my XS1100G, just wondering what folks thought.

Hi,

The bike is good ... with one exception ... that silly after market seat ... ok the wind jammer is after market but suits the bike the seat (from my point of view) needs removing and the original fitted which will then give some colour to the rear end of the bike and some smoother lines.

Regards Jim

Hi,

The bike is good ... with one exception ... that silly after market seat ... ok the wind jammer is after market but suits the bike the seat (from my point of view) needs removing and the original fitted which will then give some colour to the rear end of the bike and some smoother lines.

Regards Jim

Actually it is the original (or at least OEM seat) but the PO did a crap job of recovering it. He just pulled to new material over it and apparently considered it done. I'm going to get it professionally recovered to fit nicely into the bike as soon as I can afford it.

Oh, and the windjammer was dealer installed, making it was was often referred to as a "dealer Venture". The difference between a factory and dealer Venture was the factory had a pacifico fairing that was Yamaha branded with matching bags and the dealer version used the vetter fairing and bags. Next is going to be adding a vetter trunk in place of the luggage rack and matching the paint job on it too.

Actually it is the original (or at least OEM seat) but the PO did a crap job of recovering it. He just pulled to new material over it and apparently considered it done. I'm going to get it professionally recovered to fit nicely into the bike as soon as I can afford it.

Oh, and the windjammer was dealer installed, making it was was often referred to as a "dealer Venture". The difference between a factory and dealer Venture was the factory had a pacifico fairing that was Yamaha branded with matching bags and the dealer version used the vetter fairing and bags. Next is going to be adding a vetter trunk in place of the luggage rack and matching the paint job on it too.

vetter was the godfather of fairings and designed the BMW stuff in wind tunnels