first riding lesson

barwell1992
This post is 5622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well had my first lesson to day only have one left was on the bike for about 8 hours and have a bad back now lol im justa bit woried about my test at the moment :S its not the riding part its the bloody life saver things that i keep forgeting to do or wich side to look

any advice

ohh and the bike is CRAP!!!!!!!! lol its a honda cg 125

this but in red my street cred carnt get any lower lol and it can only do 60mph flat flat out that 5mph more than my moped(50cc) :|

HondaCG125.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lol, two people were riding them when i did my CBT, its better than a moped i suppose

lol ye but there is no point in having 1st gear lol it just dosent need it second does it fine and the drum breaks are scary especialy when you do a emergancy stop at at 30mph lol

You'll find your next lesson easy. My first one was about 8 hours and after 6 or so my brain refused to take anything else in and I just started riding like a cock. Was really worried but the next lesson I found it had all sank in pretty well. Just remember your lifesavers every time you change speed or direction and your right shoulder check before you move off. Lifesavers are always in the direction of travel so right just before turning right and left just before turning left etc. You'll probably find it alot easier once your brains had time to take it all in!

You'll find your next lesson easy. My first one was about 8 hours and after 6 or so my brain refused to take anything else in and I just started riding like a cock. Was really worried but the next lesson I found it had all sank in pretty well. Just remember your lifesavers every time you change speed or direction and your right shoulder check before you move off. Lifesavers are always in the direction of travel so right just before turning right and left just before turning left etc. You'll probably find it alot easier once your brains had time to take it all in!

cheers i wish i was doing it on my bike it handels and turns so much smoother than the 125cc but supose got to start some where.

i wish i had a nicer teacher but he aint that bad just gets pissed off with me to much lol ahh well

Yeah I bet that doesn't help, I got lucky with my instructor, nice bloke and he was the spitting image of Winston Churchill. And you should count yourself lucky with the Cg, I had to learn on a Kymco pulsar that constantly kicked itself back into neutral and had orgasm giving strength revs at 7k :blink: Just look at the awful thing!

pulsar125.jpg

Yeah I bet that doesn't help, I got lucky with my instructor, nice bloke and he was the spitting image of Winston Churchill. And you should count yourself lucky with the Cg, I had to learn on a Kymco pulsar that constantly kicked itself back into neutral and had orgasm giving strength revs at 7k :blink: Just look at the awful thing!

pulsar125.jpg

haha ye i hope the tester is nice lol doubt it but still i can all ways hope

and i have the opposite problem the cg will not go in to neutral unles i turn it on and off lol and not sure what rpm i get to dosent have a rev counter but rattles like a B*tch in 1st when pulling off it also dosent like quick shifting and hates it when i drop the cluch realy fast when giving it all its got :P

going to get out to night if i have time with my dad just up to the shops and back run through my signals and life savers :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online